Friday, August 6, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 13 ~ Warm & Cozy ~ Not 2 Shabby

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today I'm sharing another sweet card using the fun {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 13 along with an adorable stamp from Not 2 Shabby called Warm & Cozy!! I just couldn't wait to ink up this adorable penguin... isn't it the cutest stamp ever!! Love!


I started by stamping the sweet penguin with Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloring it up with the following Copic markers:

Penguin ~ N1, N3, N5, C00, C2, YR15, YR68, R000, R14
Hat ~ BG0000, BG11, BG23, R000, R14, R27, C00, C2
Scarf - C00, C2, BG0000, BG11, BG23


I die cut the penguin and set it aside. Now, I had to find a paper pack with similar colors... I've been pretty good about doing this step first, but not this time! Luckily I remembered the Milk & Cookies papers by Doodlebug Design has an aqua/turquoise color so I went with that one. It doesn't match perfectly, but it coordinates well enough. I'm also trying to use up this endless pack of papers... lol... I'm starting to think it was two packs at one point because no matter how much I use it, there seems to be more of it!! I followed the sketch very closely except for the mat behind the tree paper which is 4-1/8 x 2-1/8"... that layer needed that little of white to help it pop. I stamped the sentiment which is actually separate stamps in the stamp set. I used Memento Tuxedo black again... I trimmed the sentiment and popped both the sentiment and the sweet penguin up on the card! Done!


Here's another look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 13.
I sure hope that you're inspired to pull out your holiday stamps and papers and get a jump on your holiday cards! If you'd like to see more inspiration for this sketch check out the {BYSH} Cardmaker's Blog!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. The CUTEST PENGUIN EVER!! I absolutely love your ADORABLE card!! I love how you colored him.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love that color combo and the beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.