Sunday, August 1, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 13 ~ Going to be Owl-Right ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge!! Today starts the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 13... and it's a fun mini slimline sketch for the month of August! Slimline cards are super popular and I think the mini slimline cards are becoming just as popular so why not give it a try?! I'm actually loving the mini slimline size... it really works awesome with 6 x 6" papers which is most of my paper stash!


My first card for Sketch 13 features the adorable owl from the Going to be Owl-Right stamp set from Unity Stamp Co. I've paired it up with some pretty papers called 12 Days of Christmas and they are from The Paper Studio. The sentiment is from the Merry Girl stamp set also from Unity Stamp Co.


I actually stuck pretty much to the sketch for this one... just adding a mat to my tree layer that measures 4-1/8 x 2-1/8". I love that the bird kinda sticks out from the circle. I think it adds a bit of interest to the card. What do you think?


I used the following Copic markers to color up this sweet owl and his friend:

Owl ~ W00, W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, YR15, YR21, YR68
Branch ~ E25, E51, E55, YR15, YR21, YR68
Bird ~ R000, R14, R20, R27, G24, G43


Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 13 for the month of August!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration, check out the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog

Before I go, I need to announce the winner of my Christmas in July giveaway...


Here's a quick look again at the giveaway!! Some super fun goodies!
And the winner of this fun giveaway is...


Congratulations Denise Bryant!!!!
Please email me at crystalominkler@gmail.com to claim your prize.
Prize must be claimed within two weeks. 
 
That's it for me today! I'll be back tomorrow with a cute card for Membership Monday!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

6 comments:

  1. Really cute mini slimline card with that adorable owl! I love the layering and your paper choices too!
    I'm excited to see my name come up as your prize winner! That's fabulous.... sending you my info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliment! And congratulations, again!!

      Delete
  2. Super cute card!! I love the cute owl and darling birdie!!
    Congrats to Denise!! YAY!! Yippee!! Enjoy!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the dimensions of your cute mini slimline and what do you use for envelopes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much followed the sketch above for this one. I adjusted the middle piece behind the circle by 1/8" making it 4-1/8 x 2-1/8" with that black mat. The 6 x 3" mini slimlines fit in a rigid photo envelope that I've found on Amazon. For the 6-1/2 x 3-1/2" minis I've been using #10 business envelopes... not very pretty but they work. There are some crafty businesses that sell them. I just haven't purchased any yet. :) Hope this helps!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.