Saturday, August 7, 2021

~ Friends of Unity August 2021 Blog Hop ~

  Hello there crafty friend!

It's time for our August 2021 Friends of Unity blog hop!! Before I get to this month's fun cue and the cards I created... we have a new friend joining us!!

Please give April Sarandrea a great big welcome!!!

I've admired her fantastic creations... such a talented lady and I was super excited when she accepted our invitation to join our little hop! Let's get to it, shall we?!
This month we have a super fun cue...


LET'S GO FOR A RIDE!
I had fun with this cue... it's actually a great one for masculine cards, but I took three totally different takes on the cue. I hope you'll check them out and let me know in the comments which is your favorite!


My first card using the gorgeous Fall truck from the August 2021 KOM called Pumpkin Season. I wanted to do a monochromatic card but then I also had to color the truck and the pumpkins so this is a mix of monochromatic and selective coloring! LOL... I used a fun Happy Fall embossing folder for my background. Not sure what company it's from... it doesn't say on it.


I die cut the truck with a large circle die from Waffle Flower called Additional Circles die. I trimmed the sentiment... also from this month's KOM... and adhered it to the circle. Then I popped up the sentiment and focal piece with lots of foam tape. Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Truck ~ BG70, BG72, BG75
Pumpkins ~ YR15, YR21, YR68, YG61, YG67, E37, E55
Grounding ~ N0, N2


For my second card I also used a fun embossing folder called Diamond Plate from Sizzix and Tim Holtz. I embossed the True Black card front and a scrap of Weathervane card stock. I trimmed the Weathervane card stock and adhered it to the card front. I adhered those to a white A2 top fold card base and set it aside.


I stamped the motorcycle from the Ride it Out stamp set with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it with a few neutral grey Copic markers ~ N0, N1, N3; and a couple cool grey markers ~ C00, C2. I fussy cut the motorcycle cleaning up the edges with a Memento Tuxedo black marker and adhered it to the card. I stamped the sentiment from the For the Guys stamp set with Wow Clear embossing ink and melted some Alabaster White embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I trimmed the sentiment and popped it up on the card. I'm thinking this one will be my husband's birthday card.


And for my last card, I had a little fun with the cue... witches gotta ride, too!! Am I right?! LOL 
I thought it would be fun to make a quick Halloween card with the adorable Little Witchy stamp set. I again used an embossing folder for my background... the Spider Web embossing folder from Provo Craft Cuttlebug... and used some fun Halloween pattern paper this time. This is the Hocus Pocus papers from Whimsy Stamps. The pattern paper cracked a bit when I embossed it but I kinda like the distressed look it gives the background.


I stamped the adorable witch with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored her up with the following Copic markers:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
Hair ~ RV06, RV10, RV21
Clothes / Hat / Shoes ~ YG11, G14, N0, N2, N3, N5
Broom ~ E21, E27, E33, E51

I fussy cut the witch and cleaned up the edges with my Memento Tuxedo black marker. I adhered her to the card and then stamped the sentiment with Wow Clear embossing ink and melted some Alabaster White embossing powder. I trimmed the sentiment and adhered it to the card. Done!

Well, that's it for my cards this month... before you head off to the next person in the hop I need to announce my winner from last month's hop.



Congratulations Andre M.!!
Please email me at crystalominkler@gmail.com to claim your prize. 
Prize must be claimed within two weeks. 

Please hop along and enjoy some more inspiration from the Friends of Unity. I'm sure that some of my friends are having a giveaway so be sure to comment as you hop along.


Let's get to the hopping...

Crystal <--- you're here

up next ---> April








Thanks so much for supporting our little hop!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}


27 comments:

  1. I love all of your creations . The first two are great masculine cards! You have given me some great ideas to try when I get back to my craft desk! The last one makes me think of the old tv show Bewitched … so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coloring on the first car is really amazing, Crystal! The spider web embossed onto the dp is really great and the little witch is so cute! Awesome array of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Andre M! Sorry, I can't pick a favorite from these cards because I love them all - all are so different and all speak to a ride (okay, maybe I lean a little towards the ride on a broom). So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the selectively colored truck, tee hee. It seems most anything on Kraft paper is so pretty! Then comes the bike, that embossing folder really makes it. Which surprises me cuz Halloween is my thing, creepy is best, but the witch is so cute. Enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for the warm welcome! I am SO excited to be hopping along this month will all of you! Your cards are simply stunning! I really need to use my kraft paper more often! That witch card is my favorite! SO creative !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I love all of these and I just received that motorcycle stamp in the mail yesterday! Your work is always so inspiring and since I love Halloween you know I love the little witch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your cards! The vintage truck card is amazing with the layers and dimension. I love that you colored the truck a neutral gray and orange for the pumpkins. It really makes the pumpkins stand out. Your motorbike card is awesome and fun that we both had different spins on it! Your last witch card made me smile and how fun is the broomstick giving her a ride everywhere. Super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal, your 3 cards are wonderful, especially the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cards! I think the truck is my favorite. The motorcycle us awesome as well!. Love the cute witch card too. Your cards are always amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great cards! I love the way you colored the KOM truck- the pumpkins really pop. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you colored this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards. I love them all, don't make me choose :) I love the embossed backgrounds. Your coloring on the truck is amazing! Just gorgeous. I love the two tone on your 2nd card and that bike cut out is stunning. And that lil witch is just darling. Great job! LOVE them all! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your cards look fabulous!
    Love the motorcycle one.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome cards! I especially love the truck of pumpkins! Clever take on the theme with your adorable witch card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha love that you added a halloween card, heck I guess a broom is a mode of transpiration. hahah love it

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your cards, and that witch one is so perfect for the theme of going for a ride. It also made me giggle. How fun that you made such a variety of cards with the same prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all your cards, but the first one with the selective coloring just takes my breath away! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love love your cards Crystal, but that first one really stole my heart! I love the vintage look of it and your coloring is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards with this theme. My favorite is the first one with the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I like the truck card the best. All 3 are wonderful in their own way though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzers! Three fabulous cards. I love them all, but if I had to choose just one it would be the truck. I need to ink that baby up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Crystal these are all amazing cards and all so different. That motorcycle one is amazing. I have a thing for vintage trucks so that one really pulls at me but that last one...oh.my.word. I don't really do many Halloween cards but I love this one. That pink paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are always beautiful but the truck design on kraft with selective coloring made me say, "wow!" as soon as I spotted it. So warm and rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all the texture on all three cards! I love how you thought of a broom as a form of transportation...so very cool! That's thinking out of the box. So creative! I love how you and Rachel used the same motorcycle stamp. Also, I absolutely love the coloring on the truck. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Also, I need the fall embossing folder. Too bad it doesn't have its name on it. Boo hoo Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice cards! I was tickled at the witch on her little broom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.