Friday, August 27, 2021

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 13 ~ Dashing Deer ~ My Favorite Things

 Hello there crafty friend!
I had a little fun with this week's Christmas card(s)... first of all, I flipped {BYSHC} Sketch 13! That's fun to do sometimes and I think it works better with the cute deer from the Dashing Deer stamp set from My Favorite Things. 


AND then, I wanted to see how the card would look with a bit of kraft on one and an all white card for the other. I'm curious to hear which is your favorite... let me know in the comments.


I started by stamping the deer twice on scraps of white card stock. I colored them up with the following Copic markers and used a Sakura white gelly roll pen for the dots:

Hat ~ C00, C2, R000, R14, R46
Scarf ~ R000, R14, R46
Deer ~ E21, E35, E51, R00, R20, Colorless Blender


I used the coordinating dies to die cut the deer and set it aside. I cut a 6 x 6" card base for each card and scored it at 3". I die cut a circle from kraft card stock and another from white card stock and ran both through my big shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder from Stampin' Up. I die cut a scrap of white card stock with the Stitched Hillside Borders die from Lawn Fawn for my snow and then I die cut it again with the circle die... one for each card.


For the embossed background, I ran the Cable Knit embossing folder from Stampin' Up through my big shot with a piece of white card stock and then I cut it in half so I had a piece for each card. That piece measures 5-3/4 x 2-3/4". I didn't want to cover up the pretty knit background so I cut a couple pieces of vellum card stock measuring 4 x 2". 


I stamped the sentiments... one with Wow Clear Embossing ink and melted Alabaster White embossing powder and the other is Memento Tuxedo black ink. Trimmed the sentiments and adhered them to the card.


I adhered the circles to the cards as well. I actually didn't pop up any of my layers for this card. I think the dimension in the embossed background is good enough.


And then I adhered the deer to the circles. Which one is your favorite? I keep changing my mind... LOL! I really like how they both turned out! 


Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 13 for the month of August!
There's just a few more days to play along with Sketch 13, I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration, check out the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

3 comments:

  1. I love the layering and embossing! Sweet cards with this adorable deer!
    I like both versions! At first glance I preferred the all white card, but after looking at the side-by-side comparison, the contrast with the kraft is growing on me and is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful! I love the cute deer! I think my favorite is the Kraft one..
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your use of the Stampin' Up Cable Knot emboss with the kraft card. It gave the card some texture and added warmth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.