Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Just Keep Swimming Shimmer Card ~ August 2021 Whit Kit ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today I'm sharing a pretty card using the beautiful August 2021 Whit Kit called Just Keep Swimming from Unity Stamp Co!! I decided to use the fun Nuvo Shimmer Powder from this Whit Kit and the two other shimmer powders from a past Whit Kit and make a fun background for some turtles to just keep swimming in!!


I created the background by tapping the bottom of each of the Shimmer Powder bottles over a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor card stock and spritzing the card stock with water. 


I dried the background and then added some more Shimmer Powder and spritzed more water. I did this a couple of times until I was happy with the background. I let the background dry and then I stamped the cute turtle a few times and the sentiment on the background with Gina K. Amalgam black ink. I trimmed the background to 3-3/4 x 4-3/4" and mat it with a piece of True Black card stock measuring 3-7/8 x 4-7/8".


I added some Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue around the bottom edge and right corner and sprinkled it with the Seaside Sequin mix from the kit. I adhered a few more sequins around the turtles and then let the background dry again. I cut a card front of True Black card stock and then found a scrap piece of Aqua Mist card stock measuring 2-3/8 x 5". I adhered the background piece to the Aqua Mist scrap and than adhered the entire piece to the True Black card front and then a white A2 top fold card base. I just adore the shimmer in this background!! So pretty!


Here's a little look at the August 2021 Whit Kit... so much fun!
 I'll be back tomorrow with a set of cards that I created with the kit!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.