Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Happy Camping Slimline Card ~ Happy Camper ~ Polka Dot Orchard

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a super quick slimline card that I made using the sweet Happy Camper {Say It Slim} digi stamp set from Polka Dot Orchard! I just love the {Say It Slim} line of digital stamps that Polka Dot Orchard has to offer and even though I'm more of a glamper I thought it would be fun to play with the Happy Camper {Say It Slim} digi stamp set!


My favorite technique when wanting to ink blend a background for a digital stamp image is to actually do my ink blending first. For this card I ink blended just Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed over about 1/3 of a piece of card stock and then I dried it with my Mini Wagner heat tool.


I printed the Happy Camper {Say It Slim} digi stamp on my ink blended card stock and die cut it with the Stitched Slimline die from Gina Marie Designs. I also die cut a piece of Kraft card stock. I trimmed the two ends of the ink blended background and adhered it to the die cut Kraft card stock. I wrapped a little May Arts Black burlap string around each end and adhering the top string with tape and then tying a little bow for the bottom string.


I adhered my focal piece to a True Black card base measuring 7 x 6-1/2", scored at 3-1/2". Now, here is where I goofed up my card just a bit... I added some Nuvo Black Board Vintage drops and for some reason my drops spit on my card. I used my palette knife to get some of it up but it smudged the printer ink when I tried to wipe the rest up with a paper towel. I decided to go with it and redid my drop making it a bit bigger to cover up the smudge. I think it still looks nice. It was definitely a quick card to make though... I think this quick design would work great with any of the {Say It Slim} digi stamps!!


Here's a look at the cute Happy Camper {Say It Slim} digi stamp set... isn't it just perfect for slimline cards?! Plus it has all those little extra digi stamps! I love it!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.