Tuesday, July 16, 2024

July Scraps Cards ~ Just Keep Swimming plus More ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I finished up my latest batch of leftover scraps and turned them into four pretty simple cards. Yay! I also played with some stamps that hadn't seen ink yet which is always a great bonus! It feels so good to have some more papers done!


Here's a look at the four cards all together. All very different! I'd love to know if you have a favorite of the batch. If you have a moment, comment below and let me know.


My first card features the beautiful turtle from the Just Keep Swimming stamps. I love this turtle! It's always so much fun to color too. As far as the scraps for this card, I had a bunch of paper strips that were different lengths and widths. I decided to combine them for a fun background. I adhered them all to a 3-1/2 x 3-7/8" piece of thin card stock. I trimmed off the excess paper strips and adhered the panel to a white A2 top fold card base. I die cut some Vellum Card Stock from Papertrey Ink using the Stitched Wave Borders dies from Lawn Fawn for a fun wave background for the turtle. 


I stamped the turtle with Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. I colored up the turtle using my Copic markers and then I fussy cut it on the line. I colored the edges of the fussy cutting using a Memento Tuxedo Black marker from behind the turtle just in case my marker slipped. I secured the vellum waves together using washi tape and then I trimmed the excess so they would fit over the 3-1/2 x 3-7/8" panel. I adhered the turtle tucking his bottom behind the last vellum wave. I adhered the vellum to the card by adding glue to the back of the turtle. Once it was a little dry and wouldn't shift anymore, I added a drop of liquid glue to the bottom corners of the vellum to secure it a tiny bit more. I also added tiny dots of glue under the stitches on the very edge of each layer. The stitches covered the glue pretty well. You can see the glue a tiny bit on those bottom corners but it's hardly noticeable in person. I finished this card by stamping the sentiment.

Copic Markers: BG000, BG01, BG15, BG05, BG57, V0000, V12, V15


My second card uses three similar strips of pattern paper for a quick card design. I adhered them to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of Vintage Cream Card Stock from Papertrey Ink. And then I adhered the card front to a white A2 top fold card base of Stampers Select White Card Stock, also from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the adorable mermaid from the Spirit of a Mermaid stamps using Black Amalgam Ink and I also stamped the sentiment on the card. Sadly, this is one of the retired stamp sets from Unity. I colored up this beauty with my Copic markers and fussy cut her just like I did with the turtle. I added a touch of Sakura White Gelly Roll pen to the whites of her eyes and the frill on her top. And I popped her up on the card using foam tape.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used for the mermaid:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
Hair: E50, E30, E35, E37
Crown: Y11, Y15, Y28
Body / Tail: V0000, V000, V12, V15
Sailboat: Y11, Y15, R12, R05, E30, E35
Waves: BG000, BG01, BG15
Bottle: BG000
Cork: E30, E35, E37


My third card uses four rectangle scraps for an interesting background. I overlapped them just a bit and adhered them all to a white A2 top fold card base. I stamped the fish from the retiring Fishy Philosophy stamps with Black Amalgam ink and fussy cut them. The sentiment I stamped with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. I added foam tape to the back of these fish and popped them up on the card. And I finished off the card with a few clear drops from my stash.

Copic Markers: Y11, Y15, YR15


My last card also features the cute fish from the Fishy Philosophy stamps. I love this cute stamp set! I had one last large piece of scrap pattern paper from these papers so I just adhered it directly to white A2 top fold card base that I turned on it's side for a landscape card. This was such a simple card! I stamped the fish and the sentiment using the Black Amalgam ink. I fussy cut the fish just like the others and popped it up on the card, too.

Copic Markers: Y11, Y15, R12, R05


I'm so excited to have another paper pack done! Woohoo! What do you think of the card designs this time? Do you have a favorite? I love the simple designs of all of them so it's hard for me to choose a favorite. Well, I'm excited to pick out another pattern paper pack to finish off. I'll definitely pick one out to use with the upcoming Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 24 that will start in a couple of weeks. Have a wonderfully inky week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. These are so cute Crystal. I love the turtle card-the way you colored it and then tucked it into the vellum waves. I love the fishy set too and had forgotten about it. The background with the 3 rectangle scraps is so simple yet effective. I will be using this idea! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.