Friday, July 26, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 ~ Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Fluffy Friends Holiday ~ Taylored Expressions

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with more inspiration for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a fun Christmas card featuring the adorable Fluffy Friends - Holiday stamp set from our amazing sponsor, Taylored Expressions! Taylored Expressions has generously offered up a $25 gift card as a prize for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 this month! So fabulous!!


I started with my background for this card. I ran a card front of Stampers Select White Card Stock from Papertrey Ink through my Big Shot with the cool Fanfare Cutting Plate from Taylored Expressions. It looked like little hills to me. Haha! I thought it would be fun for this cute bear!  Like he's sledding through some hilly snow. I also die cut a small scrap using the same cutting plate and then I die cut it again using a die from the Stitched Square Stacklets.


I trimmed the background to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8" and mat it with a piece of Pure Poppy card stock from Papertrey Ink measuring 4 x 5-1/4". I die cut a mat using the next largest square die from the Stitched Square Stacklets from Pure Poppy card stock. I pulled a fun scrap of pattern paper from the Meowy Christmas 6x6 Paper Pad from Newton's Nook Designs. It was a decent width but I had to trim the length. It measures 2 x 4-1/8" and then I mat it with a Pure Poppy mat measuring 2-1/8 x 4-1/4". I adhered all of my layers to a white A2 top fold card base using iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from Therm O Web.


 I stamped the adorable bear and hat from the Fluffy Friends - Holiday stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then I die cut them using the coordinating Fluffy Friends - Holiday Die. I colored them up using Copic markers. I colored the black dots on the scarf using a Sakura White Gelly Roll pen. And then I added a few dots to the hat. I also cleaned up the edge under the sled where the red bled out of the line. Love my white gelly roll pen!! 

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:
Bear: C00, C1, C3, R00, R20
Hat: R20, R14, R46
Scarf: YG11, G24, G46
Sled: R20, R14, R46, E53, E55, E57


 I heat embossed the sentiment from the Fluffy Friends - Holiday stamp set from Taylored Expressions. I prepped the red card stock with the TE Anti Static Powder Tool. I stamped the cute sentiment using the Sugar Cube White Pigment ink and added Alabaster White Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I then melted the embossing powder using my Wagner Precision Heat Tool. After letting the melted powder cool a bit, I rubbed my card stock with a microfiber cloth to remove the anti static powder. I trimmed up the sentiment and added a couple scrap pieces under the left side and the bottom using liquid glue. A great trick to adhere the sentiment flat for cards with layers. I also did that on the left and right sides of the squares.


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 for the month of July. Loving this sketch! There's just a few days left to play along with us. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! So many fabulous cards this month from the design team.


I'm also playing along with the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party. Have you stopped by to check out all the wonderful holiday inspiration being shared?! I've been inspired by so many of the cards! That's why I've been making so many extras! LOL! I sure hope you'll stop by and check it out! Have a wonderful day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. This card came out so cute!!! Loving that background die...swoon. Perfect card for the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love the cute bear! Great idea to use the cutting plate for your background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.