Saturday, July 20, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Merry & Bright Mug ~ Angie Blom Digital Designs

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for Day 2 of the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party with another cute holiday card! It was so much fun checking out the inspiration shared yesterday for the start of the Linky Party. So many wonderful cards! Today I'm sharing a card using a sweet digital stamp from our sweet return Sponsor Angie Blom Digital Designs called Merry & Bright Mug.


I started by inserting the Merry & Bright Mug printout sheet into a Word Document and then I cropped the mug. I combined it with a couple more images {you'll see them later this week} and printed the document. I colored up the beautiful mug with my Copic markers and fussy cut the mug. I used a Memento Tuxedo Black marker to color the edges of fussy cutting. This technique helps the fussy cutting look all nice and neat. I added foam tape from our awesome Sponsor Therm O Web called iCraft 3D Foam Tape Jumbo Roll (white) to the back of the mug and set it aside.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up this cute mug:
Mug: R20, R14, R46
Holly: R20, R14, R46, YG11, G24, G46
Whipped Cream: C00, C1, C3
Candy Cane: R00, R20, R46, C00, C1, C3
Leaf: YG11, G24, G46


I'm also playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today! Red and Green are so perfect for a Christmas card! This fun challenge is open until July 29th, if you want to play along! 


To create my background I used the awesome A2 Card Layout Die Set from our wonderful Sponsor Newton's Nook Designs. I trimmed four pieces of pattern paper from the beautiful Christmas Time 6x6 Paper Pad, also from Newton's Nook Designs. I secured them two at a time to the back of the die using washi tape. The washi tape was also cut by the die but that's ok. I have so much washi tape. I don't mind using it.


I adhered all my layers together using iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from Sponsor Therm O WebI adhered the card front of Real Red card stock from Stampin' Up to a white A2 top fold card base turned on its side for a landscape card. I removed the backing from the foam tape on the back of the mug and popped up the mug on the card. I then added three green enamel dots from the Red & Green Foil Mirror Enamel Dots from our lovely Sponsor Gina Marie Designs to finish off the card. 


Love Newton's Nook Designs products as much as I do? Be sure to check out the current Inky Paws Challenge for details on how to win a $20 store credit to add some NND products to your stash!


 Woohoo!! I'm so excited to have another card done for my stash! If you haven't already, stop by the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! Have a fantastic day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

20 comments:

  1. Pretty mug design and I love the awesome background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card!!! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun combination of sponsor products on this cheery card, Crystal. Love that A2 Layout Die!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout and your darling card, Crystal. You have a great eye for color and balance in all the cards you make. I was so happy to see you playing along at Color Hues. Please come back and see us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy! I appreciate you stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  6. That's a great die from NND. And I love the papers you used in the design with this really yummy mug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout and your wonderful paper selection for this red/green card. That sweet cup is certainly tempting and is worthy of it being the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! You had me at coffee! Thank you for playing along with us over at Color Hues Color Challenge! - Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your grid design with the wonderful holiday papers. And your coloring is perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.