Thursday, July 25, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Beautiful Poinsettia Stencil ~ A Colorful Life Designs

 Hello there crafty friend!
I couldn't help myself I'm back again today to share a couple more cards I made for the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party! I've been so inspired by the cards shared over at the Linky Party... I just HAD to get inky! 


And my order from our amazing Sponsor A Colorful Life Designs did just arrive so I really wanted to play with a couple new stencils. Yay! I ended up inking up both the Beautiful Poinsettia Stencil and the Merry Christmas Stencil. I wanted to see what these beautiful stencils would look like on Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink.


 I once again used the awesome 5.5 x 8.5" Grip Mat from Sponsor Waffle Flower. I placed my 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of Kraft card stock in the center of the grip mat and placed the Beautiful Poinsettia Stencil over it. I blended Candied Apple, Fired Brick and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide inks over the inner leaves of the poinsettia.


I blended Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink over the center of the poinsettia. And then I blended Twisted Citron and then some Pine Needles Distress Oxide inks over the ends of the leaves. I replaced the panel with a new piece of Kraft card stock and then placed the Merry Christmas Stencil over the panel. For this second stencil I just blended Candied Apple and a bit of Fired Brick Distress Oxide inks.


I die cut both panels using the Postage Stamp {nesting dies} from Sponsor Unity Stamp Co. I cut the panels from corner to corner using my Tim Holtz Tonic Guillotine Comfort Paper Trimmer. I cut one panel first and then I laid the left corner piece on the other full panel as a guide. I made sure it was line up right on the edge and then I cut the second panel. I hope that makes sense. It really made it easy for the two panels to line up together on the card bases.


I distressed the outer edges using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. I love the vintage vibe it gives the card stock. I placed the two triangle pieces {one Merry Christmas and the opposite poinsettia} back in the die and then adhered them together with a scrap of thin card stock. It was just a scrap maybe 2" wide that covered the center line from behind. I adhered the panels to a red A2 top fold card base of Pure Poppy Card Stock from Papertrey Ink. I adhered all my layers using iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from Therm O Web.


And then I splattered the cards using Apple Barrel White Acrylic paint that I spritzed with a tiny bit of water. I debated adding a strip of card stock across the card where the two triangles meet but I decided against it. I didn't want to take away from the stenciled backgrounds. What do you think? Should I have added a strip of card stock across?


 All that was left was the sentiments. I applied some anti static powder using the TE Anti-Static Powder Tool from Sponsor Taylored Expressions to a scrap piece of Kraft card stock. I stamped the beautiful sentiment from the Sketched Poinsettia Stamp Set from Waffle Flower using Sugar Cube White Pigment Ink from Taylored Expressions. I then added some Alabaster White Embossing Powder from Brutus Monroe. I melted the powder using a Wagner Precision Heat Tool. I used the fabulous Pressure Pal from our awesome Sponsor Twiddler's Nook when I stamped the sentiments. Once the sentiments had cooled I wiped off the anti static powder using a microfiber cloth. I distressed the edges of the sentiments with the Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink. Trimmed the sentiments and then popped them up with iCraft 3D Foam Tape Jumbo Roll (white) from our lovely Sponsor Therm O Web.


I hope you'll stop by the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared! I've been inspired by so many of the cards! I sure hope you'll stop by and check it out! Have an ink-tastic day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

6 comments:

  1. Love your cards!!! They are stunning. Love the ink blending!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stencil designs and such a great look on the kraft background! Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the split of the designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.