Saturday, July 13, 2024

Distress Crayons on Kraft ~ Serene Silhouettes ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend! 
Today I'm sharing a quick card for Unity's July release featuring the lovely Serene Silhouettes. I couldn't help but play with a few more Distress Crayons. But this time I thought I'd use them on Kraft card stock. I love the colors of the Distress Crayons on the Kraft... so awesome!


I used a couple strips of purple tape across my Kraft Card Stock panel to mask the area I wanted to color with the Distress Crayons. I then colored the space in between the tape using the Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Crayons. I used a baby wipe to blend out the crayons.


I stamped the pretty trees from Serene Silhouettes with Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. Once I was happy with my pretty trees, I die cut the panel using the largest die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Die Set. I adhered my panel to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of True Black Card Stock from Papertrey Ink and then adhered the panel to a white A2 top fold card base of Stampers Select Card Stock, also from Papertrey Ink.


I stamped the sentiment on the card but I messed it up so I stamped it again on a scrap of Kraft Card Stock and then mat it with a piece of black card stock. I then adhered it to the card. A great stamp for sympathy cards. Have an ink-redible day! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. Never used distressed crayons do you need to use a special paper? Where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use special paper for this card. I just used Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink. For the cards I shared a few days ago, I did use Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor card stock. You can get the Distress Crayons at your local Hobby Lobby or maybe JoAnns. Online you can find them at scrapbook.com or simonsaysstamps.com.
      Here's a link to the other cards I created using the distress crayons... https://crystalominkler.blogspot.com/2024/07/friends-of-unity-july-2024-blog-hop.html

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card, Crystal! I'm definitely going to try your tip of using baby wipes to blend out the distress crayons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Angi! I hope you do give it a try. It's super easy and makes for a great background.

      Delete
  3. A baby wipe! Brilliant! I'm not sure why I tend to overlook the obvious or simple sometimes. It's beautiful, Crystal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just started trying distress crayons. Did you prime the cardstock with Gesso?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! No, I didn't prime the card stock at all. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.