Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Sketched Poinsettia ~ Waffle Flower

 Hello there crafty friend!
I couldn't help myself I'm back again today to share another card I made for the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party! I've been so inspired by the cards shared over at the Linky Party... I just HAD to make another card! 


I stamped the beautiful poinsettia from the Sketched Poinsettia Stamp Set from our lovely Sponsor Waffle Flower. I used the awesome Sketched Poinsettia Coloring Stencil to color the beautiful poinsettia. I blended Candied Apple and Fired Brick for the leaves; Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade with a touch of Vintage Photo for the center of the flower; and Twisted Citron, Pine Needles and Crushed Olive Distress Oxide inks.


I'm also playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today! Red and Green are so perfect for a Christmas card! This fun challenge is open until July 29th, if you want to play along! 


 I die cut the poinsettia using the Sketched Poinsettia Matching Die and set it aside. I stamped the sentiment from the Sketched Poinsettia Stamp Set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. And then die cut it using the coordinating die. I used the fabulous Pressure Pal from our awesome Sponsor Twiddler's Nook when I stamped the poinsettia and the sentiment in my mini misti.


The fun background was created with iCraft Easy-Tear 1/4" Tape and Deco Foil Color Harmony Transfer Foil Multi-Pack, Shades of Green from our awesome Sponsor Therm O Web. I laid stripes of the tape across a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" piece of white card stock. And then I laid a piece of Electric Lime foil over the tape with the shiny green facing up. No need for a laminator for these fabulous foils! I just used my bone folder to press the foil into the tape. I went over the whole panel a couple of times from both directions and pulled up the foil. It was perfect! I love it! 


I die cut the foiled background using the Frayed Edge Stacklets dies from Sponsor Taylored Expressions. I adhered the poinsettia and sentiment to the foiled panel using iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from Therm O Web. And then I popped up the whole panel onto a white A2 top fold card base using iCraft 3D Foam Tape Jumbo Roll (white) also from Therm O Web. Such a quick and fun card to make!


I hope you'll stop by the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared! It's all been so awesome! I sure hope you'll stop by and check it out! Have an ink-tastic day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful poinsettia design, and I love the foiled background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Great background!!!
    Jenni S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I love poinsettias. I try to get a red, a white & a pink one every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the foiled background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas poinsettia! I love that lime green background; the foil really makes an impact. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your foiled backdrop is so pretty for your gorgeous poinsettia., Crystal. Such a pretty Christmas card. So happy to see you in our gallery at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the foiled background, I forget you can foil like that, the poinsettia looks fab too. Thanks for being inspired by the Color Hues colours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.