Friday, July 12, 2024

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 ~ Create-in-Quads Snowflake Layering Stencil ~ Taylored Expressions

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with more inspiration for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group! Today I'm sharing a fun Christmas card featuring the awesome Create-in-Quads Snowflake Layering Stencil from our amazing sponsor, Taylored Expressions! Taylored Expressions has generously offered up a $25 gift card as a prize for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 this month! So fabulous!!


The Create-in-Quads Snowflake Layering Stencil makes it so easy to ink up a whole 8-1/2 x 11" sheet of card stock that you can cut up and make four awesome cards out of it!! The set includes four layering stencils that line up so easily and all you have to do is pick your colors and blend away! It was so much fun! I decided to use my four card stock panels in a different way. I actually used two of the four panels to create the fun layers in the card.


I blended Tumbled Glass Distress Ink over the first stencil being sure to ink up the four squares on the edges of the stencil. Those four squares are the guides to lining up the next three stencils. I replaced the first stencil with the second stencil in the set and blended Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink over that stencil. I blended Black Soot Distress Ink over the third stencil and then more Tumbled Glass Distress Ink over the fourth stencil. You may remember this color combo from the card I shared earlier in the month.


I cut the 8-1/2 x 11" sheet into my four panels. I trimmed down the first panel to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8" and mat it with a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of True Black Card Stock from Papertrey Ink. I trimmed the fourth panel for my next layers. My first piece measures 2-3/8 x 3-7/8". I mat it with a 2-1/2 x 4" piece of black card stock and a 2-5/8 x 4-1/8" piece of Bashful Blue Card Stock from Stampin' Up. The top layer was die cut from the remaining piece of the fourth panel. I die cut it using a die from the Stitched Square Stacklets from Taylored Expressions. I mat this layer with a 2-5/8" square piece of black card stock and a 2-3/4" square piece of blue card stock. I die cut one of the snowflakes from the scrap leftover from the fourth panel using the Stitched Circle Stacklets from Taylored Expressions. I mat it with a die cut circle from black card stock. I used the Nesting Additional Circles Dies from Waffle Flower for that piece. I added a glitter white enamel dot from my stash to finish off the snowflake layers.


 I heat embossed the sentiment from the Fluffy Friends - Holiday stamp set from Taylored Expressions. I prepped my black card stock with the TE Anti Static Powder Tool. I stamped the cute sentiment using the Sugar Cube White Pigment ink and added Alabaster White Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I then melted the embossing powder using my Wagner Precision Heat Tool. After letting the melted powder cool a bit, I rubbed my card stock with a microfiber cloth to remove the anti static powder. I trimmed up the sentiment and added a bit of foam tape to the right side and then adhered the sentiment directly to the card using liquid glue on the left side. A great trick to adhere the sentiment flat for cards with lots of layers. 


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 47 for the month of July. Loving this sketch! I can't wait to see what everyone does with it. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! So many fabulous cards this month from the design team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.