Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ TOP Inky Inspiration Sketch 23 ~ Santa's Workshop ~ Jaded Blossom

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's day 5 of the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party!! I'm adding another sweet card to my Christmas stash! This time I played with the super cute Christmas Village: Santa's Workshop stamp set from Sponsor Jaded Blossom. I'm also sharing inspiration for the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch Challenge 23 in the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Facebook group. In my continuing effort to finish off some paper scraps I did use a few scraps of pattern paper from one of my Christmas paper pads. Every little bit counts!


I paired up the cute Christmas Village: Santa's Workshop with the Brewing It Up 6x6 Paper Pad from our Sponsor Not 2 Shabby! Love these pretty papers! I adhered all of my background layers using the iCraft UltraBond Adhesive from Sponsor Therm O Web. I die cut a panel of white card stock using the Wonky Stitched Rectangle Die from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs and adhered the two smaller rectangles to the panel. I then added foam tape called iCraft 3D Foam Tape Jumbo Roll (white), also from Therm O Web, to the back of the whole combined panel and popped it up on the card.


Here's a look at the fun sketch for Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch Challenge 23. The sketch, as always, is meant to inspire not require. So let the sketch lead in your design, but don't feel limited by it. A great example is how I turned the sketch for a landscape card. This fun sketch challenge ends July 29th!!


I wanted to add a bit of snow to my panel so I die cut a scrap of white card stock using the hill die from the Land Borders Die Set from Sponsor Newton's Nook Designs. I trimmed it and adhered it to the bottom of the panel. I then fussy cut Santa's Workshop. Boy was that a task! About halfway through my third or fourth Christmas light, I was wishing I had left a nice white border around the image. Hahaha... anywho, I colored the edge of the fussy cutting using a Memento Tuxedo Black marker making it all nice and neat and then I adhered it to the panel. Next I stamped a sentiment from the Big & Bold Santa's Sleigh Slimline stamp set from Sponsor Colorado Craft Company.


To finish off the card I added a bunch of cute little clay snowflakes from the Christmas Confetti Clay Embellishment Mix from Sponsor Twiddler's Nook. I love how this card turned out! And I think I used products from 7 of our amazing Sponsors. Woohoo! That may be a record!! 

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used: 
Workshop / Chimney: E53, E55, E57
Windows: Y11, Y15
Doorknob: Y11, Y15, Y28
Snow: C00, C1, C3
Wreath: YG11, G24, G46, R20, R14
Santa's Workshop Sign: R20, R14
Christmas Lights: R20, R14, B0000, B00, YG11, G14, Y11, Y15
Flags: R20, R14, YG11, G14
North Pole Sign: YG11, G24, G46
Pole: R20, R14, C00, C1, C3, E53, E55, E57


If you haven't already, stop by the Christmas in July 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! So much amazing inspiration! You can't help but be inspired to make a card or two! Have an ink-tastic week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!! Santa's Workshop is so Magical!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, Crystal. Love how you turned the sketch and the pretty papers with this fun gingerbread house. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about this one, Crystal!! Great papers and sweet coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute stamp! Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I love your soft colors -- perfect holiday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Love the layers and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice card! Such great coloring on the village.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.