Thursday, April 13, 2023

Ink Smooshed Birthday Cards ~ Eiffel Grunge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
So glad you've stopped by! Today I'm sharing a couple quick ink smooshed birthday cards I created with a just a bit of stamping for a simple CAS grunge look. I'm featuring the recently released Eiffel Grunge stamps from Unity Stamp Co. 


I started off just making one card but I couldn't waste the ink so I ended up making two, but really two cards for my birthday card stash is great! My color choices were inspired by a fun color challenge to use Peach & Kraft is the combo and I love these colors together! So soft and romantic! They work well with this stamp set.


Card #1 - both of the cards are very similar. I used Dried Marigold, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks for the ink smooshed backgrounds.


I stamped the Eiffel Towers with Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs. And then I used a combination of the Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress Oxides for my background stamping.


You may recognize the sentiment... it's one that I've been using lately on almost all of my birthday cards. It's from the So Kind, So Caring, So You {Front & Center Stamps} also from Unity. I stamped it with the Dried Marigold Distress Oxide ink. Trimmed it up and adhered it directly on the card.


To finish off the cards I used a bit of white prismacolor pencil on the flower petals. This lightened them up a bit so they weren't lost in the background. Both panels were trimmed down to 3-3/4 x 5" and adhered to a white A2 top fold card base. 

You can check out my process video here... Ink Smooshed Birthday Cards | Eiffel Grunge | Unity Stamp Co.






I'm also playing along with the Color Hues Challenge #61: Peach & Kraft


So excited to add two more birthday cards to my stash!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

12 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous, Crystal! I would never have thought to use these colors together. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great! I love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't ink smooshing always go like that? Better to do more panels and save them for later than waste the ink! I love how yours turned out and I love the mix of "grungy" images stamped on top. The white colored pencil to highlight the flowers is especially nice. Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you made me fall in love with this color duo with these amazing designs! Absolutely stunning! Thanks for making the Color Hues colors shine !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've combined our colours in these cards, such a great look. So pleased you were inspired by the colours at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I loved this card.. thanks for your inspiration It looks like I need to get Distress Pads, and the stamp set. I have a friend that is from France and I need to make her this card…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.