Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Rainbow Ink Smooshed Birthday Card ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is all about getting inky rainbow style!! Rainbows are so beautiful and I've been wanting to give this technique a try. It's really just ink smooshing but in more of a controlled way so that your background becomes a beautiful rainbow.


What do you think?! Fun, right?! I love how these turned out!


For my first card I did more of a horizontal rainbow with the ink smooshing. Both backgrounds were die cut with the largest die from the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}. This sweet card features the adorable bunny from the Hoppy & Hedgie kit


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up Hoppy:

Bunny ~ W00, W1, W3, R000, R20
Clothes ~ V000, V12, B00, B02, R20, R14
Balloons ~ R000, R20, R14, YR000, YR15, YR16, Y000, Y11, Y06, G0000, YG11, G14, B000, B00, B02, V000, V12, V15, Colorless Blender 


I fussy cut Hoppy leaving a bit of a border around the image. And then I popped him up on the card with lots of foam tape.


For my second card I did more of a diagonal rainbow. I did also leave some white in the backgrounds so that the white in the background and the white in the balloons would all pop together.


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up Hedgie:

Hedgehog ~ C00, C1, C3, R000, R20
Clothes ~ G0000, YG11, G14, Y11, Y06
Balloons ~ R000, R20, R14, YR000, YR15, YR16, Y000, Y11, Y06, G0000, YG11, G14, B000, B00, B02, V000, V12, V15, Colorless Blender 


I heat embossed the sentiments using a white pigment ink and white embossing powder. It's hard to see in the photo but both of the sentiments were die cut using the Banner Nesting Die that was in last month's Whit Kit.





The Rainbow Ink Smooshed Technique was so much fun and I just love how these cards turned out! If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me. Have an ink-tastic day!

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.