Monday, April 24, 2023

Spring into Christmas 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Freaking Cold ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for day 4 of the Spring into Christmas 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party. I'm so excited to share my card today because I got to play with a super cool stencil from our Brand New Sponsor A Colorful Life Designs AND I paired it up with one of my new Winter faves from return Sponsor Unity Stamp Co. called Freaking Cold!!


I actually started this card with the beautiful Angie Girl illustrated by the super talented Angie Blom {another one of our sweet sponsors!}. I stamped her with Black Amalgam ink from Sponsor Gina K. Designs. I love this ink and use it all the time with my Unity stamps. It's wonderful with Copics and with watercolors so I don't have to worry about grabbing the wrong ink. Which reminds me I should watercolor... I'm trying to watercolor at least once a month.


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up this beauty:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04, R000, RV10
Hair ~ E21, E23, E27, E29
Nails ~ R20, R14
Hat ~ YG11, G24, G46, C00, C3
Sweater ~ R000, RV10, R20, R14, YG11, G24, G46
Mug ~ BG000, BG32, BG18, E21, E23
Jewelry ~ C00, C3, BG32, BG72


Now for my wonderful background. I ink blended Evergreen Bough and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks using the awesome TE Blender Brushes from Sponsor Taylored Expressions over the awesome Snowflake Net stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. You have GOTTA stop by their website and check out ALL the amazing stencils. It was so hard for me to narrow down my picks but I definitely filled up my wishlist for another order!! Anywho, back to my card... I splattered the background with water, white acrylic paint and some Liquid Pixie Dust from Inkon3. I think the glitter is the most noticeable but I love all the textures from the splatters. 


I trimmed down the background panel to 4-1/8 x 5-3/8". I didn't want to cut off too much but I did want a white border around the edges. I die cut a couple stitched hills using the Stitched Hillside Borders dies from Sponsor Lawn Fawn. I adhered the layers sandwiching the bottom of the girl between the layers and then adhered them to my stenciled background. I trimmed off the excess hills from all three sides of the background and adhered the background to a white A2 top fold card base. To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment using the two distress oxide inks.


I can't believe that we're halfway through the linky party already! Stop by Unity and check out all their wonderful Christmas and Winter stamps... they are 50% OFF right now with code BYHSpromo. I hope that you'll also stop by the Spring into Christmas 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

20 comments:

  1. So pretty! I am loving that beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Thus is such a great card, and I really NEED this stencil! (Because you know how needy I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Crystal! I'm adding some ACLD stencils to my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I added a bunch to my wishlist too! Thanks for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  4. Great card! I love that Angie Blom image too and that stencil is to die for. I'll check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! That stenciled background is amazing! Thanks for putting this wonderful linky party together! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! The colors you used are fabulous with the snowflake stencil! I love the image too! Thanks for inviting me to this fun challenge!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Crystal!! I love this card so much!! and another stencil added to my wish list .Everything is PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card! I sure could use some snow today, it's going to be almost 90 degrees! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! That's hot! I hope you stayed cool... thanks so much for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful card and gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.