Friday, April 14, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 32 ~ Sugar Cookie Christmas ~ Prima Marketing Inc.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm sharing another Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 32 for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group. I had a fun idea for a vintage style card filled with sweet ephemera and pretty papers from Prima Marketing Inc. called Sugar Cookie Christmas.


I've had these beautiful papers in my stash for quite awhile. It's been a long time since I've played with them though so I grabbed them. This is a large card... one that wouldn't fit in an envelope unless I made one. But I'm thinking this one will go in a package or maybe I'll hand deliver it. The Vintage Cream card base measures 8 x 10" and it's scored at 5". So it's a 8 x 5" card.


I just couldn't cut that paper... I wanted the girl and the roses on the other side. I did cover up some of the roses with the Santa paper and the ephemera pieces but still. I couldn't cut into it. 


There's a lot of dimension here too. I added foam tape between the Santa ephemera pieces. And then I added more foam tape to the combined Santas doubling up the foam tape on the Santa in the front so that he'd lay flat. The holly ephemera was just stuck to the back of the foam tape and then I added liquid glue to adhere the whole piece onto the die cut circle. The Santa paper is also in the paper pad. I die cut it with one of the circle dies from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies} from Unity.


The bottom piece {with the lines on it} is also a piece of ephemera along with the sentiment and the mint heart. I adhered the die cut circle to the bottom ephemera piece and then I added another layer of foam tape so the whole thing is popped up. 


I wrapped the front of the card with some of the Sugar Cookie Christmas Trims... it's like a glittery eye-lash string or ribbon. I wrapped it around three times and adhered it inside the card with some scotch tape. I cut a 4-7/8 x 7-7/8" piece of Vintage Cream card stock from Papertrey Ink and adhered it inside the card to cover up the trim and tape. Love how this big vintage style card turned out!


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge #32 for the month of April. I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.