Wednesday, August 31, 2022

CAS Mixed Media Cards ~ August 2022 WK Grow Untamed ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I got inky with the latest Whit Kit for August 2022 from Unity Stamp Co. and boy was it fun! Have you played with the Distress Archival inks before? I haven't really. I've just stamped with them. But I wanted to try something different so I watched Tim Holtz's video when he introduced the latest Distress Archival inks and it inspired me to make a couple of fun cards. I probably would have gotten a different result on a glossy paper but I used the paper that came in this months kit just to see what it would do and I do love the CAS mixed media design I came up with.


I masked the card fronts with some iCraft Pixie Tape and stamped a few of the Grow Untamed stamps in the space with all four of the Distress Archival inks included in this months kit. And then I lightly ink blended Vintage Photo Distress ink over the stamped area.


On the Kraft card stock it's a little hard to see the flowers in the background. I did a bit of water splatters and then blended some more ink along the edge of my masks. I did have a bit of a heavier hand with my Vintage Photo Distress Ink blending for this card. 


I do love the rich brown ink on this Kraft card stock! The water splatters are very striking in person too. Definitely a fun technique to try again!


On the white card stock you can see more of the stamps in the background. They didn't quite resist like they would on the glossy paper so I'm eager to give that technique a try but I do love how these turned out.


I stamped the one wildflower for my focal piece with the Evergreen Bough Distress Archival ink and die cut it with a Wonky Stitched Oval die from Gina Marie Designs. I kinda wish I'd stamped it on vellum or maybe used a smaller die and not cover up as much of the background, but it is what it is now. 


I popped up the ovals with foam tape. Stamped the sentiments with the same ink on the scrap card stock. Trimmed them up and distressed the edges a bit with the Vintage Photo Distress ink. 


What do you think? I definitely like the white one better... but I think this technique is fun and I encourage you to check out Tim's video. It's a long one... lol... but the part about the Distress Archival inks is very interesting. And I'm excited to try this technique again with a different paper.


Here's a look at the August 2022 Whit Kit... I may have another card to share later this afternoon. I didn't quite get it finished and then life got in the way. But it's a card showcasing some of the gorgeous papers in this kit. Be sure to check out this fab kit over at Unity! I love getting this wonderful kit each month... the stamps and papers are always beautiful and I love trying out the new products that are included with it like the Archival inks this time. Anywho, have a wonderful day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.