Friday, August 12, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 25 ~ Let it Snow ~ Doodlebug Design

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card using the current {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 25 and today I actually have two quick cards to share. I used the Let it Snow 6x6 paper pad from Doodlebug Design. I've been trying to use up this paper pad. I think I've used it at least once each month and I still have scraps. Actually, I still had two full sheets so that's why I decided to make two cards. And I have a whole bunch of the ephemera pieces from the Let it Snow Odds & Ends and Let it Snow Chit Chat still to use!


As I had mentioned I had two full sheets of pattern paper... the Santa paper and the Polka Dots. I cut them both to 4 x 5-1/4" and adhered them to two Real Red card fronts measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2".


I cut scraps of the Polka Dot paper to 1 x 5-1/4" and 1 x 4" and adhered them horizontally and vertically on the card front. Then I started looking through all my ephemera pieces. So many choose from... I finally decided to go with the two circles. They worked well with the layout of the card and fit the sketch perfectly.


I really liked the rainbow of colors in the Polka Dot papers so I thought I'd keep that theme throughout the card and used the Rainbow Striped paper for my 1" strips.


I chose the December 25 ephemera piece for this one... it pops on the card and it has a few of the colors in the papers. I used foam tape to pop up both of the circle ephemera pieces and finished off the cards with a few Frosty Friends Shape Sprinkles. Pretty simple cards but I think they turned out pretty cute too.


Here's a look at this month's Sketch 25 for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group. I have a couple more ideas for cards using this month's sketch that are a bit more involved... we'll see if I have time. Anywho, be sure to stop by the {BYSHC} blog to see a whole bunch more adorable inspiration from the {BYSHC} Design Team.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

1 comment:

  1. Super Adorable! I love this sketch!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.