Friday, August 5, 2022

Masked Ink Smooshing ~ Embrace the Change ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Since I got so many Christmas cards made last week for the Christmas in July {BYSHC} Linky Party, I decided to take a break from my weekly Christmas card posts and today I'm sharing a fun technique that I played with yesterday. I'm not sure if it's a new technique or an old one, but I don't think I've seen it. I've decided to call it Masked Ink Smooshing... if it's been around and has a name please let me know in the comments. Anywho, I had the lovely Embrace the Change stamp kit from Unity on my desk just waiting to be inked up and I thought this technique would be beautiful with these stamps.


And I have to admit I love all things Fall just about as much as I love Christmas, so playing with some Fall ink colors was just perfect for these stamps!


As you can see in the photo I used Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks for my cards. A favorite color combo for Fall cards!


There's a bit of texture in the Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor card stock - even on the back side which is what I used. So I stamped the leaves several times with Black Amalgam ink but you can still see some of the white in the texture.


I added a bit of {Black} May Arts Burlap string to cover up a little boo boo on my card. I think it adds a lovely touch to the card even though it's also a pretty fix.


This design could easily be changed up with different colors and different silhouette stamps. A lovely non-traditional Christmas combo of blue, purple and pink would be quite nice.


I trimmed this card front because some ink was on the outer right edge but I probably could have colored it over with a white gel pen. I added a few Sunflower Clear with Color enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.


Such a fun technique to play with and it makes two cards pretty easily! I would love for you to check out my process video for these cards and please leave me a comment letting me know what you think of this technique... Masked Ink Smooshing | Embrace the Change | Unity Stamp Co.




Sadly, the big Warehouse Sale at Unity ended yesterday but I hope you'll check out this beautiful new stamp kit called Embrace the Change. {It looks like the sale hasn't been taken down just yet!! If you forgot to place your order, go do it now!} Sometimes, Unity keeps the new releases at their sale price for a few extra days after the sale. Maybe you can still snatch it up!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

6 comments:

  1. Love this process. I’m learning to make more tan one card at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing your video as well! I love this technique of smooshing one color at a time so they don't get muddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Toni! And thanks for watching my video! :)

      Delete
  3. Love your video! Great cards.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.