Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Membership Wednesday ~ August 2024 KOM Thanks in All the Things ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a fun ink smooshed card featuring the awesome owl stamp from the August 2024 Kit of the Month membership from Unity called Thanks in All the Things. I love to use ink smooshing around an image to create clouds and in this case it also creates depth.


I started by ink smooshing a bit of Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen in the center of a card front of Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink. The Kraft card stock makes the inks a bit muted and maybe a touch spooky, too. I love it! I wanted the center to stay lighter so I ink smooshed Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks around the outer edges of the card front. 


I heat embossed the owl being sure the owl was in the center of the lighter ink smooshes. I dried the ink smooshed panel completely with a Wagner Precision Heat Tool and then I prepped the card stock using a TE Anti-Static Powder Tool from Taylored Expressions. I stamped the owl with Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs and then dusted the wet ink with Hero Arts Fine Clear Embossing Powder. I melted the powder with the heat tool. I then die cut the panel using the largest die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies from Unity. 


Since I heat embossed the owl, I decided to watercolor the owl. I just added a touch of brown ZIG Clean Color Real Brush marker to the branch and then for the owl I used beige. I blended it out with a bit of water using a water pen. I used a Sakura White Gelly Roll pen to add some white accents and highlights to the owl. I softened it using the water pen. I adhered the die cut panel to an A2 top fold card base of True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink. I masked and then stamped the sentiment from the August 2024 Uniquely Unity membership called Soulful Owl. To mask I lay post it notes over both ends of the sentiment and then ink up the stamp. I then remove the post it note masks and stamp. I recommend doing this in a misti or Stamp Platform so you can stamp it a few times for good coverage. I forgot to take a photo but I die cut a piece of white card stock using the same die from the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies. Without adding any ink to my blending brush I blended Black Soot Distress Ink over the white panel. It was very light though so I can still write a note inside the card. I then adhered the panel inside the card to finish this one off.
 

Here's a quick look at this month's Kit of the Month membership! LOVE everything about it!! So many amazing stamps!

Well, that's it for me today! I hope you've been inspired to play with your membership stamps! 
Hope you have an inkredible day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.