Thursday, August 22, 2024

Best Chick in Town ~ Witty Chick Whimsy ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend! 
I'm back with another fun chicken card for Unity's latest release. I can't get enough of all the awesome chicken stamps!! The Witty Chick Whimsy stamp is just so beautiful with the flowers and the glasses!! Love it!! This beautiful stamp is also available in photopolymer... {Clearly Unity} Witty Chick Whimsy. I love the options of either red rubber or clear photopolymer!!


I stamped the sweet chicken and sentiment using Black Amalgam ink from Gina K. Designs and then I colored up the chicken with my Copic markers. I then die cut the chicken using a die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}.

Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:
Chicken: YR000, YR12, YR07, Y21, Y15, Y26, BG70, BG72, BG75
Flowers: Y21, Y15, Y26, YR000, YR07, YG91, YG03
Ground: C00, C1


Even though the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 48 is for Christmas cards, it doesn't mean it can't be used for other occasions! {Please just remember if you do use the sketch, you can't share it in the BYSHC Facebook group unless it's Christmas or winter themed.} But I'd love for you to share in my Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration group! As with all of my sketches, it's meant to inspire not require! So as I often do, I altered the design just a bit by adding another layer.


This sketch is fantastic for paper scraps but since this is a new paper pack that I just added to my stash, I cut random strips from all of the papers. I think I just did 1/4" and 1/2" strips and then made a fun pattern with them on a 4 x 5-1/4" piece of thin white card stock. I cut off the excess from the edges and die cut the papers using the stitched rectangle die from Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}. I then die cut the grid pattern paper using the largest die from the same die set. I think it's a wonderful contrast to the different patterns! I adhered my layers together on an A2 top fold card base of Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink.


I placed the circle on the top layer and used a pencil to mark where I wanted to cut the edge. I used the Tim Holtz Tonic Guillotine Comfort Paper Trimmer to cut that edge. I trimmed up the sentiment and adhered both pieces to the card. To finish this one off, I added some Ranger Glossy Accents to the glasses for some fun shine. Love how this turned out! I hope you have an inkredible day! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal

{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.