Saturday, August 24, 2024

Happy Birthday To You ~ Chunky Chevron Stencil ~ A Colorful Life Designs

 Hello there crafty friend!
We just celebrated our eldest son's 25th birthday and I wanted to quick share the card I made for him. I used the awesome Chunky Chevron Stencil from A Colorful Life Designs. I am a huge fan of their stencils! All so awesome and unique!


I started this card with a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" card front of Lemon Lime Twist card stock from Stampin' Up. I laid the fun Chunky Chevron Stencil over the top of the card stock and secured it in place with some washi tape. I then blended Crushed Olive and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks over the stencil.


I shifted the stencil to fill the empty spaces and blended Black Soot Distress Ink over the stencil. I die cut the panel using the Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies from Unity. I then adhered the panel to a black A2 top fold card base turned on its side for a landscape card. I didn't actually plan to make a landscape card. When I went looking through my Lawn Fawn dies, I realized I didn't have the giant happy birthday die. I just have the Giant Happy Birthday To You die which is too big for a portrait card. 


I die cut Lemon Lime Twist card stock twice using the Giant Happy Birthday To You die and I die cut it one more time from True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink. I adhered the Lemon Lime Twist die cuts together and then adhered them offset to the black die cut. I love the dimension this gives to the sentiment. Hope you're having a wonderfully inky weekend friends!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.