Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Membership Wednesday ~ Halloween Card ~ August 2024 KOM Thanks in All the Things ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a fun no-layer ink blended Halloween card featuring the cool moon and bats stamp from the August 2024 Kit of the Month membership from Unity called Thanks in All the Things. I think this is my third or fourth card using this awesome kit. It's safe to say that this has been my MOST favorite kit! I love it! I'm just bummed I didn't get to the sweet fawn or the flowers!


I started by ink blending Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink in a circular motion near the top center of my card base. And then I blended a little Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink in a circular motion around the lighter yellow. Once I was happy with that blend, I went back over the center a tiny bit more with the Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink. And then I blended Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink around the rest of the front of the card base. I blended around the yellow just a smidge with Mustard Seed to give it a nice blend with the orange.


I'm playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today! Orange and Yellow are so perfect for a Halloween card! This fun challenge is open until August 29th, if you want to play along! 


I probably should have dried the oxide ink, but I was already late making dinner so I just decided to go for it! I stamped the moon and bat stamp and the sentiment with Black Amalgam ink. I did use an acetate grid to double check my placement for the bats and the sentiment. I quick cut two post-it notes to place over the bats and sentiment and then I went a little nuts with the black acrylic paint splatters.


That was it! A super quick Halloween card... I think it took me 10 minutes tops! AND I still had dinner ready by 6pm. LOL! 
 

Here's a quick look at this month's Kit of the Month membership! LOVE it SO MUCH!!

Well, that's it for me today! I hope you've been inspired to play with your membership stamps! 
Hope you have an inkredible day!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

  1. Crystal, A perfectly ink blended background and wonderful Halloween card. I think this card called for heavy splatters and I like it. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues, we appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful and cool design Crystal! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.