Friday, August 23, 2024

August Scraps Cards {Take Two} ~ Queen Girl & Some Other Stamps ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing a trio of cards I created using up the rest of the leftover scraps I've been trying to finish up this month. SO excited to be done with another pack of scraps! Woohoo!! I also inked up some very neglected and untouched stamps from Unity Stamp Co. including the gorgeous Queen Girl.


Here's a look at the three cards all together. All so sweet and fun! I'd love to know if you have a favorite of the three... mine is probably Queen Girl, but I do love how they all turned out.


I went with a simple background for my first card. I had two larger panels and a small strip of pattern paper so I adhered them as shown leaving some white space of my white card base showing. Such a fun and simple card design. The beautiful butterflies are from a retired set of stamps called 3 Little Butterflies. I got these a long time ago and finally inked them up! So sad to discover that they are no longer available at Unity. They are so pretty!


 I stamped them with Black Amalgam ink and colored them up with the following Copic markers: Y11, Y15, Y38, YR21, YR15, YR16. I fussy cut the butterflies and colored the edges using a Memento Tuxedo Black marker. I bent the wings up a bit and adhered the butterflies to the card just at the base of the their little bodies. I love the dimension this gives to the card! They look like they are just stopping by for a quick visit. I stamped the sentiment from the same set, trimmed it up and adhered it directly to the card.


My second card uses up three more pieces of pattern paper. They all had similar colors so it just made sense to pair these ones up. I also found a circle scrap that was die cut from Ocean Tide card stock from Papertrey Ink. It's the perfect shade for the greeny-blues in the pattern paper. I did die cut another circle from Vellum card stock also from Papertrey Ink to adhere over it just to soften the color a little bit. The pattern papers are adhered to 4 x 5-1/4" piece of Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink. And then I adhered the panel to a white A2 top fold card base. All of my white papers are almost always Stampers Select White card stock.


Inspiration for this card came from the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch 22. Such a great sketch for these random pieces of pattern paper! It was perfect for these three pieces!


I stamped the adorable birds from the Many Happy Birdies... which is also retired. So sad! Just like the butterflies, I had never inked these cuties up so I'm glad I finally did. I colored up the birdies... OH MY. I just realized I didn't color the middle birdies dots! LOL!! Well, imagine they are white because that's what I planned on coloring them... anywho, I colored up the birdies with the following Copic markers: V0000, V000, V01, V12, V15, YR21, YR15, RV52. Also just like the butterflies, I fussy cut the birdies and colored the edges with a black marker. I adhered them to the vellum circle and then added glue to the vellum just behind the birdies. I popped up the circle layer with foam tape and stamped the sentiment. So easy peasy and cute!


My third and last card today uses up the last of my scraps. All of these six little rectangles are about the same size. I thought it would be fun to do a wonky stairs design with them. I really love how it turned out. And I think having the girl touch all six pieces of the pattern paper really brings the whole design together. All six pattern papers are just adhered to a white A2 top fold card base. No extra layers here.


I stamped the gorgeous Queen Girl and colored her with my Copic markers. I fussy cut her leaving a white border around the edges. Before I popped her up on the card with foam tape, I stamped the sentiment directly onto the card base. I am really loving this card and the fun design. I think I might turn it into a sketch... whatcha think?

I used the following Copic markers for Queen Girl:
Skin: E000, E00, E11
Hair: E33, E35, E37
Shirt: V0000, V000, V01, V12, V15
Jeans: B91, B93, B95
Balloons: Y000, Y11, Y13, G000, G00, G02


 I am so ecstatic to have another paper pack totally done! I'm going to look through my papers and see if there's a Fall themed one maybe for next month. There's just a few more days left to play along with the Tawny Owl Paperie Inky Inspiration Sketch Challenge 24. I'll be back on Tuesday of next week with a brand spanking new sketch challenge!! Woohoo! I hope you have a wonderfully inky weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

1 comment:

  1. Love love love!!! Great use for pretty scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.