Thursday, March 30, 2023

Sweet Easter Gnome ~ March Sketch Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing my last bit of inspiration for the Unity March Sketch Challenge that I'm hosting in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group. I'm sharing a cute Easter card using the super adorable Sweet Easter Gnome stamps. And I'm sharing another bonus card so be sure to read through to the end!


Eeep!! Isn't this Easter card just the cutest?! It turned out better than I hoped. Paired up the adorable Sweet Easter Gnome with the Hippity Hoppity paper pad from Doodlebug Design. I did consider using the new Plaid Builder {layering stencils} to make my own plaid but I'm afraid that time was not on my side so I went with the pattern paper.


The cute little clouds in the background are from the March 2023 Kit of the Month called A Good Man & Some Butterflies. I just adore the detail in these cute clouds!!


The Easter gnome and clouds were stamped with Black Amalgam ink and then colored up with Copic markers. Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up the adorable gnome:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04
Beard ~ C00, C1, C3
Hat ~ RV10, RV13
Ears / Feet ~ R000, R00, R20, C00, C1, C3
Easter Egg ~ YG11, G14, BG10, BG23, YR21, YR15, RV10, RV13


This time I decided not to use a die for my focal image. Just went with straight edges but I used a corner rounder punch for both of my focal image layers. The ground for my gnome was created by die cutting the green grass papers with the Land Borders Die Set from Newton's Nook Designs.

You can check out my process video here... Sweet Easter Gnome | March Sketch Challenge | Unity Stamp Co.




Also sharing a BONUS card!! Our family has been considering get a kitty and I am smitten with the tortoiseshell cats. Love the pretty mix of colors in their fur. 


I found a cute picture online and tried to replicate the coloring… it turned out okay. I do like how the eyes turned out though. Here’s a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up the kitty:

Fur ~ YR21, YR15, YR16, N0, N2, N4, N6, C00, C1, C3
Nose ~ R00, R20, R14
Ears ~ R00, R20, N0, N2
Eyes ~ YG11, YR21, E00



 I die cut the Copic colored kitty with the third largest die from the Big and Little Pierced Chain Rectangle dies from Gina Marie Designs. Another paper pad of Spring papers made my background and my mat for the kitty layers. I used the Spring Market paper pad from Carta Bella. The sentiment was stamped, trimmed and then popped up on the card with thin foam tape. A few touches of white gel pen on the eyes, nose, and whiskers finish off my card.


Here's another look at the sketch! Today and tomorrow are the last days to play along with the sketch!! Please know that the sketch is meant to inspire and not require. Feel free to alter it to work for your creation just as I did for both of my cards! Most importantly have some inky fun! I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and also add them to the sketch challenge album in the group to be entered for a prize!! I have had so much fun hosting the challenges in the group for the last couple of months. Hope you all had fun too! Thank you all so much for playing along! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal



{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.