Thursday, March 2, 2023

Winter Birdie Swag ~ March Sketch Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with a new challenge for the month of March in the Unity Show & Tell group... another fun sketch challenge! Sketches are a wonderful starting point for a card design. They have often helped me get out of a rut.


Another sketch with some fun layers. The main panel is a bit smaller this time so I'm thinking this one will be great with all those Itty Bitty stamps we have in our stash. Or any smaller stamps, really. The measurements included are for an A2 size card, but this sketch could be easily altered for a mini slimline or an A7 card. Keep in mind that the measurements are approximate and they are really just a guide. The sketch is really meant to inspire creativity so have fun with it!


The beautiful Watercolor Stripes {paper pack} makes a wonderful background for the sweet Winter Birdie Swag stamp. Do you see the texture in the background? I used the recently released Vintage Script Embossing Folder... it's not just for vintage cards friends! I just love the texture it adds to this pattern paper.


I chose a monochromatic color palette for my card with just white and purple really being the focus. There is just a touch of brown for the branch. And then I added a bit of red to the berries which actually look similar to the little crabapples that we have in our crabapple tree. The birds have pretty much picked our tree clean but there's still a few left. Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Birdie ~ C00, C1, C3
Hat ~ V01, V12, V15, V28
Branch ~ E51, E55, E57
Crabapples ~ R20, R27, R59


I used a corner rounder on my main birdie panel and the purple mat. Adhered them together. Heat embossed my sentiment on the same purple card stock with a white pigment ink and some white embossing powder. I trimmed the sentiment and adhered it to the main panel and then I covered the backs of both with foam tape so I could pop them up on the card.

You can check out my process video here... Winter Birdie Swag | March Sketch Challenge | Unity Stamp Co.




Here's another look at the sketch! Feel free to alter it to work for your creation and most importantly have some inky fun! I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and also add them to the sketch challenge album in the group to be entered for a prize! I'll see you back here next Thursday with more inspiration for this month's sketch challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm….this one is a bit more of a challenge for me then last month. Time to look through the stamps. Thanks for another sketch. Challenge accepted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.