Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Membership Wednesday ~ March 2023 Background of the Month ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Membership Wednesday blog post featuring the gorgeous March 2023 Background of the Month called Rectified Poppies from Unity Stamp Co. Love love love this gorgeous background stamp. I just couldn't wait to ink it up!


And I couldn't help but give it a try on my three favorite colors of card stock... Kraft, black and white.


I love how the white pops on the Kraft. I do wish I had done a bit of ink blending around the edges on this one. Just thinking it could use some Vintage Photo Distress ink.


But I think it's lovely how it is. The detail is so awesome!


I used Classic Kraft dye ink from Papertrey Ink to stamp the sentiment from the So Kind, So Caring, So You {Front and Center stamps}.


The white embossing on black card stock really pops!! It's so pretty in person. 


Each of the backgrounds were inked up with Sugar Cube Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions and then I used Alabaster White Embossing powder from Brutus Monroe and melted it with my Wagner Precision heat tool.


Each of the backgrounds were trimmed down to 4 x 5-1/4" using the Deckle Torn Edge Trimmer from Tim Holtz/Tonic. And each card front was adhered to a white A2 top fold card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11", scored at 5-1/2".


The white embossing on white card stock needed some ink. We lived in California on and off for several years and I just love California poppies so I used a mix of yellows and oranges.


I ink smooshed some Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, and Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide inks. There was still some white so I blended some of the yellows over the background with a blending brush. And then I did a bit of water splatter.


The two black sentiments were stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I trimmed them up leaving a bit of a white border. And I popped each of them up with thin foam tape.


A trio of birthday cards with no coloring for my stash! Woohoo!! I love how quick these were! What do you think? Which one is your favorite?


Here's a look at the beautiful Background of the Month for March from Unity!! Love it! Please note that NEW signups for the memberships has been temporarily turned off while transitioning to a new software. But it'll be back up soon and you can get your hands on this gorgeous background stamp.

I hope to see you next week for another Membership Wednesday blog post. I'll be sharing inspiration for the awesome Uniquely Unity membership.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

7 comments:

  1. These are beautiful cards- thanks for the details

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  2. They’re ALL so beautiful. Glad I don’t have to pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Stephanie! I know... I can't pick a favorite either!

      Delete
  3. These are great! I can't wait to get this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you share you create in the Unity Show & Tell. :)

      Delete
  4. Your cards are beautiful! Love poppies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.