Thursday, February 9, 2023

Valentina Girl with Chatty Hearts ~ February Sketch Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing more inspiration for the Unity February Sketch Challenge that I'm hosting in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group. A lovely Valentine's Day card with non-traditional colors!! I used the gorgeous Valentina Girl along with the awesome new Chatty Hearts {stamp & stencil duo}.


I'm always drawn to the blue-green colors and wanted to use those in my design but also wanted a touch of the traditional colors for a Valentine's Day card. The background was created using Evergreen Bough and Pumice Stone Distress Oxide inks over the two stencils in the Chatty Hearts {stamp & stencil duo}


My inspiration for my color combo though I think my blue-green color is lighter. I do love this combination and probably wouldn't have used the light gray in a Valentine's Day card at all.


The pretty corals, reds and pinks in the heart wreath contrast well with the background. 
Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair ~ E21, E23, E27, E29
Clothes ~ C00, C1, C3, BG11, BG70, BG72
Flowers ~ R01, R30, R22, R32, R43, RV34, RV19, Y11, Y15 
Leaves ~ G00, G02
Hearts ~ RV34, RV19


I finished off the card with two little banners using complimentary colors that I found in my stash. This time I remembered to staple them to the card front before I adhered it to the card base... but I ended up covering the staples with the two cute hearts that I stamped with the oxides and fussy cut. Speaking of those cute hearts, I discovered that the background for Chatty Hearts is not just a background. It's a sheet of cute sentiments!! Each one of those adorable sentiments {49 of them, to be exact!} is cut out and can be used separately and then replaced in the background so you can use it as a background. This was a jaw-dropping moment for me! I had no clue and I love it even more!!


Here's another look at the sketch! Please know that the sketch is meant to inspire and not require. Feel free to alter it to work for your creation and most importantly have some inky fun! I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and also add them to the sketch challenge album in the group to be entered for a prize!! I'll see you back here next Thursday with more inspiration for this month's sketch challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.