Friday, February 24, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 30 ~ Santa's Trip ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm sharing one last Christmas card for the {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 30 for the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group. I've had the idea for this card in my mind since I saw the beautiful Santa's Trip stamps from Unity Stamp Co. I've been wanting a pretty ink smooshed night sky background to showcase the stamp. I'm glad I finally gave it a try.


Now, in person the main circle panel isn't as bright. I ink smooshed Uncharted Mariner, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks on two card front of Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink. I also blended a bit of Black Soot oxide around the edges. I found it was too dark though so I went over those blended edges with Uncharted Mariner oxide and it really brought the colors all together. 


I used the same three oxide inks to stamp the beautiful Santa's Trip. I first stamped it with Uncharted Mariner. And then I just added some Chipped Sapphire ink around the edges of the stamp and stamped it again. And for the Black Soot I did even less ink around the edges. I do wish I had added a bit more Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot oxides to the Santa's Trip stamp. But, again, in person it's not this bright. 


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 30 for the month of February!
There's still time to play along with the sketch! You have until Tuesday, February 28th to enter. If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog


Before I trimmed my night sky background I splattered it with white acrylic paint. I wanted fine splatters for my night sky so I didn't saturate my paint brush too much before doing my splatters. I really like how it turned out. I originally planned to just use the night sky background as a full card front. But all the white on the main circle panel looked out of place so I trimmed my card front to 5-3/8 x 4-1/8" and adhered it to a white A2 card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11"; scored at 5-1/2". I also added a skinny strip of white card stock measuring 5-3/8 x 1/8" across the top of my black card stock. The black card stock measures 5-3/8 x 1-1/8". Both of these additions of white help balance the card.


To finish off the card, I needed a sentiment so I grabbed my Tim Holtz/Idea-ology Holiday Talk Metallic stickers and picked a quick sentiment from there. So easy!! Well, that's my last card for {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 30. A new challenge starts up on Wednesday, March 1st... I'll see you then with my first card for {BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 31.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.