Thursday, February 2, 2023

Play in the Puddles ~ February Sketch Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with a new challenge for the month of February in the Unity Show & Tell group... a fun sketch challenge! Sketches are a wonderful starting point for a card design. They always get my mojo working!


Loving the fun layers for this sketch! I think it's a great one for those pretty pattern papers we're all hoarding. The measurements included are for an A2 size card, but this sketch could be easily altered for a mini slimline or an A7 card. Keep in mind that the measurements are approximate and they are really just a guide. You'll notice in my card below that my focal image is larger than the sketch calls for. The sketch is really meant to inspire creativity so have fun with it!


The Rainbow Wishes 6x6 paper pack was the perfect papers to pair up with the gorgeous wellies in the new amazing Play in the Puddles stamps {releasing later today}! The distressed lines in the background are a wonderful new stamp from the February 2023 Kit of the Month called Happy Soul. Love it!


I love the colors in these papers so I used them as my palette for my copic coloring. 
Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used:

Leaves ~ YG21, YG91, YG93
Flowers ~ R00, R12, R22
Wellies ~ BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, B37, B99


I finished off the card with two little banners using complimentary colors that I found in my stash. And then added a couple translucent enamel dots because I had forgot I was going to staple them to the card front before I adhered it to the card base. I had to improvise!


Here's another look at the sketch! Feel free to alter it to work for your creation and most importantly have some inky fun! I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and also add them to the sketch challenge album in the group to be entered for a prize! I'll see you back here next Thursday with more inspiration for this month's sketch challenge.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal

{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

3 comments:

  1. Love Love your card the colors and stamping. I need help. I got the stamp because i loved this card..So did u mask the boot and flowers to stamp the back ground with the lines? Trying to create the similar effect. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Oh dear, I guess I did miss that step in my write up here. Yes, I did mask the boots/flowers and then stamped the lines over. I also used a fine line copic pen fix the lines that were omitted with the masking. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. I figured it was masked but thought hmm maybe you know a better way. Lol. Love seeing your cards

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.