Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Partial Stenciling with Chatty Hearts ~ Technique Tuesday ~ Unity Stamp Co.

  Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another Technique Tuesday! On the 2nd Tuesday of each month I'll be sharing a bit of inspiration and a video featuring a fun technique. I hope that you'll be inspired to get inky and play along with some of the techniques that I share.


Today's technique is a simple one that's great for any occasion... Partial Stenciling! Partial Stenciling is simply blending inks over a stencil but only inking up part of the stencil rather than the whole background. Super easy! I'm using the recently released Chatty Hearts {Stamp & Stencil Duo} paired up with the adorable Old Chicks Itty Bitty stamp!


For my first card I've ink blended over a white card front using the Candy Hearts Stencil #1 with Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide inks. I then ink blended Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide over the Candy Hearts Stencil #2.


I ink blended on a diagonal concentrating my ink in the middle of my diagonal line and fading out towards the other two corners. I love the softness this gives to the background.


I stamped the sweet Old Chicks birdie with Black Amalgam ink on white card stock and colored it with the following Copic Markers:

Birdie ~ Y11, Y15, Colorless Blender
Beak ~ YR21, YR15, YR68
Hearts / Flowers ~ R20, R14
Leaves / Grass ~ G00, G02


For my second card I've ink blended Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks over the Candy Hearts Stencil #1 and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide inks over the Candy Hearts Stencil #2.


I die cut my Old Chicks birdies with a scalloped heart die from the Dashes and Frills Hearts {die set}. Mat them with coordinating card stocks die cuts with the next largest die from the same die set.


The sentiment from the Chatty Hearts background stamp was stamped with Black Amalgam ink. I'm obsessed with this background stamp friends! 49 individually cut sentiments so you can use them separately or pop them back in the background to stamp them all together. Love it!

You can check out my process video here... Partial Stenciling | Technique Tuesday | Unity Stamp Co.




The Partial Stenciling Technique is super easy, right?! It makes for such a quick and easy card, too! Do you have a stencil in your stash that you've been wanting to play with? Maybe you even got the new Candy Hearts stencils... let's get inky with our stencils friends. If you give this fun technique a try, I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.