Thursday, February 23, 2023

Dreamin' Daze Watercolor ~ February Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing my last card for the Unity February Sketch Challenge that I'm hosting in the Unity Show & Tell Facebook group. I have had the gorgeous black eyed susans from the Dreamin' Daze stamps on my desk just screaming to get inky. So happy to finally play with these flowers. I did a bit of watercoloring which I'm trying to do more often. 


As I often do with a sketch, I started by picking my papers. I can't believe that I've gone this long without cutting into the gorgeous Fields of Summer {paper pack}. Have you seen these gorgeous papers? They are stunning!! Beautiful papers filled with sunflowers and lovely colors... I knew I had to use them but I chose papers that didn't have sunflowers since I was playing with a different kind of flower.


As I mentioned above, I've been trying to play a bit more with my ZIGs and do some watercoloring. Trying to at least do some watercoloring each month. So far so good! I used just a handful to color up these flowers: yellow, bright yellow, blue gray, blue, light gray, and black.


I used a slimline die to die cut the flowers. So perfect for this sketch! The main floral panel is popped up on the card with foam tape {which actually caused some havoc... you can see it in the video below}. I wrapped the main floral panel with a bit of {Ivory} May Arts Burlap string and tied a pretty bow. The card was finished with a few enamel dots.


Here's another look at the sketch! Please know that the sketch is meant to inspire and not require. Feel free to alter it to work for your creation and most importantly have some inky fun! I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and also add them to the sketch challenge album in the group to be entered for a prize!! But don't wait too long to play because this challenge ends on Tuesday, February 28th.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.