Sunday, February 19, 2023

Ink Smooshed Background ~ Kindness Matters Dragonfly ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
I have one more card to share for Unity's new release. The Kindness Matters Dragonfly is SO gorgeous! I just had to do a bit of ink smooshing for this one.
 

I challenged myself to use a color combo that I wouldn't normally do... Mermaid Lagoon, Wild Honey, and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks. These are so stunning together!


I ink smooshed my background first and then I stamped the beautiful dragonfly with Black Amalgam ink from Gina K Designs. I tore a post it note as a bit of a quick mask and then I splattered my background with black acrylic paint that I thinned out with a spritz of water.


Once my background was dry, I die cut it with the largest die from the Scallops & Rectangles {nesting dies}. Adhered it to a white A2 top fold card base measuring 4-1/4 x 11"; scored at 5-1/2". I stamped the sentiment with my Black Amalgam ink and then die cut it with a circle die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. I cut off the top so I could place it just under the stitching in the background. And to finish off the card I added two black enamel dots under the sentiment and then one on the background. Can you see it among the splatters?! LOL


Love this gorgeous stamp! Well, that's it for me! I sure hope you'll stop by Unity to check out all the new releases. The sale ends tomorrow!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

4 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.