Wednesday, February 1, 2023

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 30 ~ Destination Christmas ~ Newton's Nook Designs

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over in the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers! Today I'm sharing a sweet Christmas card using the adorable Destination Christmas stamp set from Newton's Nook Designs!! I also paired it up with super cute papers from Echo Park Paper Co. called Gnome for Christmas. The car stamp worked so well with the papers... it was a must to pair them up!


This month's sketch has a few layers that don't require mats if you use coordinating papers from the same paper pack that also contrast a bit. I used the car papers for my background... it's the busiest paper with repetitive images. And then I used the snowflakes to contrast the brown snowflakes in the car paper. And it also compliments the red in my focal image. And then the darker green paper contrasts both papers and brings your eye to the white focal piece. I know some have shared with me that they struggle with pairing up papers so I hope that this helps a bit in how I chose my papers for layering.


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used for the cute car stamp:

Tree ~ YG11, G24, G46, E51, E55, E57
Car ~ R20, R14, R37, E51, E55, E57, E59
Tires / Bumpers ~ N0, N1, N4, N6
Window ~ N0, N1


I die cut the cute car and sentiment with the scalloped stitched circle die from the Circle Frames die set, also from Newton's Nook Design. I added foam tape to the back of the circle and popped it up on the card. I think this one turned out pretty cute! What do you think?


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 30 for the month of February!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.