Friday, July 1, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 24 ~ Sweet Christmas Wishes ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new Sketch Challenge over at Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers and I have a sweet Christmas card to share using an adorable stamp from Unity Stamp Co. called Sweet Christmas Wishes. I was super excited to attend a Unity Lovers gathering last Friday and I took a few images to color up while I was there. I thought the adorable penguin in this Itty Bitty stamp set would be perfect for this month's sketch... and he took no time to color up!!


I paired up this cute stamp with the A Perfect Winter paper pad from Echo Park Paper Co. These papers are one of my absolute favorites!! I love the mix of colors and the designs so much! I used a few different ones for my background that I think compliments the focal image.


I stamped the cute Sweet Christmas Wishes penguin and sentiment with Gina K. Design Black Amalgam ink and colored up the penguin with the following Copic Markers:

Penguin ~ C00, C2, YR15, YR68
Hat ~ C00, C2, R20, R14, R27
Candy Cane ~ C00, C2, R20, R14, R27
Snowflakes ~ B000, B02


I trimmed up my pattern papers for my background exactly as the sketch calls for... the wood grain paper is 1-3/4 x 5-1/2" and the snowflakes are 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I adhered the wood grain paper onto the snowflake paper. Now if you'd prefer not to cover up any of your paper and waste it really... you can cut your second paper (the one that would be on the right side) at 2-1/2 x 5-1/2". Just make sure that your cuts are straight and adhere them both to your card base. I did make my candy cane striped paper a bit bigger than the sketch calls for since my focal image was also larger. My focal image was die cut with a 2-7/8" stitched square die. My candy cane striped paper measures 2 x 4-1/4". And then my last adjustment was my sentiment which was bigger so I didn't want to cover up a lot of the pattern paper. I just trimmed it down and moved it closer to the middle.


Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 24 for the month of July!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the  {BYSH} Cardmakers blog! I'll be back next week with my weekly Christmas card using this fun new sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.