Sunday, July 24, 2022

Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ October 2019 KOM Keeping Spirits Bright ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with another card for the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party and this time I'm featuring a card using a gorgeous stamp from the Keeping Spirits Bright {October 2019 KOM} from Unity Stamp Co. Now, I have to confess... I found this beautiful image already colored in my stash. Score! It made for a quick card for today! 


I die cut the colored focal piece with the Pleated Lace Rectangles die from returning Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. Since my image was already colored I had to go looking through my Christmas papers to find one that would work and I happened to find my hoarded Figgy paper pack from BasicGrey!! Love these papers!!! I've been hoarding them for years! Anywho... the colors work really well with the colored image so I trimmed my papers and adhered them to a white A2 top fold card base.


Since this image was colored up a while ago I didn't have my list of colors to share here, but I did put a list together of which Copic Markers I think I used:

Boots ~ BG000, BG10, BG01, BG13, BG72
Ribbon ~ Y35, R000, R14, R27
Greenery ~ G24, G46
Berries ~ R000, R14, R56
Baubles ~ Y06, Y15, Y35, B0000, B00, B02
Ground ~ N0, N3


I adhered the little flag to the top left side of the die cut panel and then I popped up the focal piece and little flag piece with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment, also from the Keeping Spirits Bright KOM, with Clear Embossing ink from returning Sponsor Brutus Monroe on a scrap piece of red pattern paper and melted some Alabaster White Embossing powder also from Brutus Monroe. I trimmed the sentiment and adhered it directly over the image... I kinda wish I hadn't done that. I try not to cover up colored images. It just doesn't seem right after all the work in coloring an image, but I didn't like any other position for the sentiment on the card. I actually tried to pull it up but the glue had set quick so it is what it is!


I used another past sketch... {BYSHC} Sketch 10!! This was a fave! It also worked really well with this colored image. Have you visited the Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers Facebook group? We host a fun sketch challenge each month to inspire our holiday cardmaking all year long. I love revisiting the sketches and even use them for cards of all occasions.


Before you leave, be sure to stop by Unity Stamp Co... they're having a Mega Summer Warehouse sale!! Gotta love a good sale!! And if you haven't already, stop by the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! I'm so excited to continue building my stash of holiday cards for 2022... I hope you'll join in the fun and play along! Let's build our stash of holiday cards this week!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

14 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love your colors and paper choices.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that BG Figgy paper too, and I have some hoarded too.... somewhere! Great design and a definite bonus to come across one that you've already colored. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Love BasicGrey Figgy!! Thanks so much for the visit to my blog and the sweet comment! It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one still hoarding these papers!

      Delete
  3. Love that you found this image already colored, Crystal. Your great eye for detail is so clear in the way you created this card. Everything has a lacy look to it! LOVE those papers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cathy! Yes, it was a great find in my stash!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous!! I absolutely love your coloring!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you mix your papers together. Lucky that you had that beautiful image already colored. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this card, Crystal! Your coloring is fantastic! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to find an already colored piece AND find the perfect matching papers to go with. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card SO MUCH that I had to go see if I had it!!! Can you BELIEVE it's literally the month BEFORE I finally took the plunge on KOTM(and never turned back, lol) 😆
    It is now on my Wish List 😉
    Thanks for enabling me, lol 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! The image matched the patterned paper perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.