Friday, July 8, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 24 ~ September 2021 KOM Looking Forward ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back with my weekly Christmas card using the {BYSHC} Sketch 24 from Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers and this week I was excited to finally color up the gorgeous poinsettia from the September 2022 Kit of the Month called Looking Forward from Unity!! Love this beautiful stamp!!


I paired up this gorgeous poinsettia with the beautiful Simple Vintage Country Christmas 6 x 8" paper pad from Simple Stories. I cut my green polka dot papers to cover the entire card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". The red sentiment paper was cut just as the sketch calls for ~ 1-3/4 x 5-1/2" and I adhered it to the green polka dot paper. I cut the green and red plaid paper slightly larger than the sketch calls for ~ 1-3/4 x 3-7/8". Making sure that some of the pretty plaid showed around the poinsettia.


I stamped the beautiful poinsettia with Gina K. Design Black Amalgam ink on Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink.


I colored up the poinsettia with the following Copic markers:

Poinsettia Center ~ Y11, Y15, Y28
Reds ~ R20, R14, R27
Greens ~ YG11, G24, G46
Berries ~ C00, C3


I fussy cut the poinsettia with my EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors leaving a skinny white border around the image. I adhered the poinsettia directly to the card. I was going to use the beautiful Christmas Wishes sentiment from the KOM but it was a little too big and would have covered up that pretty plaid paper... SO I decided to go with a quick and easy Holiday Talk metallic sentiment sticker from Tim Holtz / Idea-ology.


Here's a look at the fun {BYSHC} Sketch 24 for the month of July!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, stop by the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog and check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team! I'll be back next week with my weekly Christmas card using this fun sketch!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.