Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Up On the Rooftop ~ Brutus Monroe

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for day 5 of the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party and today I'm sharing a sweet card using a stamp from return Sponsor Brutus Monroe called Up On the Rooftop!! Oh my goodness... I just love the detail in this beautiful stamp! One of my many weaknesses when it comes to Christmas stamps is Santa stamps and I just love this one! Sadly, I'm not seeing this stamp on the Brutus Monroe website anymore but I did see a whole bunch of fab new releases for Christmas in July!! 


I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Stampers Select white card stock from Papertrey Ink. I like to use Memento black ink for clear stamps because it's cleans off very nicely. I did use my Stamp Platform to stamp this image... I find sometimes with clear stamps you have to be sure not to have air bubbles under your stamp otherwise the stamp doesn't give you a clean crisp image. It did take me a few tries to stamp this image but boy was it worth it! Love it!


Here's my quick list of Copic markers that I used to color up this sweet Santa card:

Skin ~ E00, E11, E04
Hair ~ C00, C2
Santa Suit ~ C00, C2, R20, R14, R27
Santa's Bag ~ R20, R14, R27, Y35 {ribbon}
Chimney ~ E23, E19
Trees ~ YG11, G24, G46
House ~ E23, E25
Snow ~ C00, C2, C3
Sky ~ B0000, B00, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99


Once I was done coloring I splattered a bunch of white acrylic paint all over the image for some snow. At first I had only done some in the sky for stars but then I got to thinking it's Christmas... who doesn't love a white Christmas?! So I went a little nuts with the snow. But I think it adds to the card!


I die cut a piece of white card stock with the Wonky Stitched Rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs. I then trimmed the Santa panel to fit just inside the wonky stitched lines of the white layer. I adhered the two layers together and then adhered them to a True Black card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I adhered my entire panel to a white A2 top fold card base and set it aside. I stamped the sentiment on True Black card stock from Papertrey Ink with Clear Embossing ink from Brutus Monroe and melted some Alabaster White embossing powder, also from Brutus Monroe. I trimmed it up and popped it up on the card with foam tape. Done! Love it!


Before you leave, be sure to stop by Brutus Monroe to check out the new Christmas in July release!! Woohoo!! And they also have some beautiful Christmas products in their Clearance section! If you haven't already, stop by the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! I am really enjoying all the wonderful creations... so many beautiful cards and so inspiring! I hope you'll join in the fun and play along! Let's build our stash of holiday cards this week!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for the color selections and especially the “snow” instruction!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful stamp! You've colored him beautifully! Thanks so much for the tips on stamping with clear stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that you went nuts with the snow....lol!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rooftop scene with this Santa! Love the way you colored everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Poor Santa looks very cold. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! LOVE this, Crystal!! Beautiful coloring and that snowstorm is perfect!! It would be a good night for present delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a magazine photo. Beautiful stamp and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.