Thursday, July 28, 2022

Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Cheery Deer ~ Lawn Fawn

 Hello there crafty friend!
We're nearing the end of the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party with just today and tomorrow left for linking up those holiday cards. I'm sharing my 7th card for the linky party and this one may just be my favorite!! I used the absolutely adorable Cheery Deer die set from NEW Sponsor Lawn Fawn for a cute CAS card! I just love a cute CAS card!


I started by die cutting all my pieces for the cute Cheery Deer. I die cut the full deer from Chocolate Chip card stock from Stampin' Up! And then I die cut the outline deer from Close to Cocoa (SU!) and Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink putting the colors in two separate Craft Embellishment Trays from return Sponsor Twiddler's Nook. This is a great way to keep your die cut colored pieces separate but contained... no losing them on your crafty desk!! Twiddler's Nook has several styles of embellishment trays too. The little Cloud Craft Embellishment Tray is one of my favorites. So cute!  


I adhered the Close to Cocoa deer outline to the Chocolate Chip full deer back piece and then put the Kraft antlers, eye areas and belly pieces on their little spaces. I die cut the little pink ears from Pretty in Pink card stock (SU!) and adhered them to the deer. And then I die cut the hooves from True Black card stock (PTI) and adhered them to the deer too. Isn't he the cutest?! I added that adorable red enamel dot from the Rainbow Mirror Foil Enamel Dots from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs and turned my deer into Rudolph. 


I set Rudolph aside and die cut the cute string of lights which also comes in the die set. The lights are also two dies... a base light string and the outline. I die cut them both from True Black card stock and adhered them together. Rather than die cut the whole string from several colors I just die cut one light bulb from each colors of scrap card stock. I used Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Green Galore, Orchid Opulence and Only Orange card stocks from Stampin' Up! I adhered the lights to Rudolph's antlers and then added foam tape to the back of him and set him aside.


For my very simple background, all I did was blend some Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink with a large post-it note on the bottom to make that straight edge. I used my Ranger Anti Static Pouch all over the oxide ink and then stamped the blended background with a couple snowflakes from the Winter Skies stamp set from Lawn Fawn using Sugar Cube White Pigment ink from Taylored Expressions. And then I applied some Alabaster White Embossing powder from Sponsor Brutus Monroe and melted it with my heat tool. I stamped a few more tiny snowflakes with the white ink and then I added some dots of snow with a Sakura White Gelly Roll pen.


And then I goofed up and stamped my sentiment just under that blended ink. I didn't give myself enough room for Rudolph to sit so to fix my goof I found a scrap of white card stock that would fit under the ink blended area. I lined it all up this time with Rudolph in place and then stamped the sentiment again. The 'Wishing You a Magical' sentiment is from the Winter Skies stamp set from Lawn Fawn. The 'Christmas' sentiment is a die cut from the Cursive Merry Christmas Word die from Gina Marie Designs. It's actually Merry Christmas together but I trimmed off the Merry so it would work with the sentiment I wanted on my card. I die cut it from True Black card stock three times and then adhered them all together and then adhered it on the card front. I trimmed the card front and then adhered it to the white A2 top fold card base. Card #7 done!


Be sure to stop by Lawn Fawn to check out all the adorable Christmas goodies!! So many adorable stamps and dies to play with! I hope you'll also stop by the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! So many wonderful cards and tags have been shared so far... I'm so inspired to keep on building my stash of holiday cards! I hope you'll join in the fun and play along!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the snowy background and the adorable deer! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fancy 'Christmas' die you used. The whole card is really adorable & fun with Rudolph ... and great save!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! That deer die is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable!! I love Rudolph...he is cute!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.