Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party ~ Hipster Christmas ~ Jaded Blossom

 Hello there crafty friend!
I can't believe that it's already day 6 of the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party... time is just flying by!! Today I'm sharing a cute mini slimline with the most adorable Hipster Santa stamp that I just HAD to have!!! This cute stamp from the Hipster Christmas stamp set is from NEW Sponsor Jaded Blossom!!! So excited to have Jaded Blossom as a new sponsor for our linky party!!


I paired up this cool Santa stamp with one of my favorite paper packs from Sponsor Brutus Monroe called Candy Stripe. Unfortunately, it looks like this paper has been discontinued. Bummer! It reminds me of the old fashioned candies my Granny always had during the holidays.


I used this fun new sketch from my Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspiration Facebook group. I'd love to invite you to join the Tawny Owl Paperie | Inky Inspiration Facebook group... it's a fun little group that I just started back up. I share monthly sketches and crafty tips... and really enjoy all the cards being shared in the group! I hope that you'll join us and play along with the new August sketch! The sketch is just for fun... no prizes or anything yet. Just a fun way to get our mojos working when we get a little stuck or in a slump. Hope to see you there!


Back to my card... I started by die cutting a piece of Stampers Select white card stock from Papertrey Ink with the Big and Little Chain Mini Slimline die from Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. Now the sketch is designed for an A2 card so I had to do a little bit of figuring and cut my pattern paper pieces for the mini slimline as follows... 1-1/8 x 1-7/8" {top left}; 1-1/2 x 1-7/8" {top right}; 1-1/8 x 3-5/8" {bottom left}; 1-1/2 x 3-5/8" {bottom right}. These fit nicely in the middle of the mini slimline die cut.


I set that aside and stamped the Hipster Santa with Memento Tuxedo black ink... again, my favorite black ink for clear stamps for easy clean up. This time before I inked it up I rubbed the clear stamp with my index finger. Most clear stamps have a little film on them that can distort the image when you ink it and stamp right out of the package. I've found that if I rub my finger over the stamp it removes that film and I get a wonderful crisp image. You can also use a white eraser but mine isn't always handy... unlike my finger!! LOL!


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up this stamp:

 Skin ~ E000, E00, E11, E04
Hair ~ C00, C2, C3
Hat ~ C00, C2, C3, R20, R14, R27, YG11, G24, G46
Glasses ~ R20, R14


I die cut a scrap piece of white card stock with the Big and Little Pierced Chain Circle dies from Gina Marie Designs and popped it up on the panel with foam tape. I adhered the panel to a white mini slimline card base measuring 7 x 6-1/2", scored at 3-1/2". I fussy cut Hipster Santa and 'cleaned up' the edges by coloring them with my Memento Tuxedo black marker. I popped up Hipster Santa on the circle die with foam tape. I stamped the fun sentiment with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink and then Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink and then again with Mowed Lawn... this gave me a very similar green to the greens in the papers. I trimmed up the sentiment, cut a flag on the left side and adhered it to the card. Done! What do you think? Loving the Hipster Santa? I do!!   


Before you leave, be sure to stop by Jaded Blossom to check out their upcoming release which is Autumn inspired but they have lots of fun Christmas goodies too AND lots of fun gnome dies and stamps!! Woohoo!! If you haven't already, stop by the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party to check out all the wonderful Holiday inspiration being shared!! So many wonderful cards and tags have been shared so far... I'm so inspired to keep on building my stash of holiday cards! I hope you'll join in the fun and play along!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

5 comments:

  1. Great card, Crystal! (I like this sketch, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I love the pretty detail on the edge of the panel, and the papers are really fun! Cute Santa too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this sketch and of course, your card is so festive with the red & green as well as awesome Santa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute, fun slimline card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun sketch! I love the cute Santa! Super cute!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.