Monday, July 18, 2022

Membership Monday ~ July 2022 UU Sunsets ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
I am back for another Membership Monday post and this time I've inked up the wonderful July Uniquely Unity membership stamp from Unity called Sunsets. Now... when I saw this stamp I had a different idea for a card and I actually didn't see the name of the stamp until after I was done with my card. I thought it was kind of funny that I saw a moonlit lake rather than a sunset, but that's the awesomeness of stamps and cardmaking. We all have our own creative ideas!


I stamped the image with Gina K Design Black Amalgam ink on Stampers Select White card stock from Papertrey Ink and then I colored it up with my Copics. I die cut the image with the second largest die from the Double Roped Rectangle dies from Gina Marie Designs. I masked the edges and bottom portion of the panel and splattered some Apple Barrel white acrylic paint that I thinned out just a bit with a spritz of water. To get a nice fine splatter I didn't overly saturate my paintbrush.


I set it aside and pulled out a few pieces of Midnight Muse card stock from Stampin' Up. I trimmed one piece for my card front measuring 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" and then I die cut the other pieces of card stock with the Falling Stars {background die}. I popped up the moonlit panel with foam tape. I collected all my die cut stars and started adhering them randomly all over the card front tucking some under the double roped edge of the popped up panel. I love the dimension this gives the card!


Here's a quick list of the Copic markers I used to color up the moonlit lake:

Moon ~ Y11, Y15, Y35
Clouds ~ Y11
Sky ~ B91, B95, B99, 100 Black
Water ~ BG72, BG96, BG99, 100 Black, Y11, Y15


The sentiment in this kit is for sunsets so I didn't use that one. I used a Layers of Life stamp from Unity called Looking Up... a wonderful set with stars and this fabulous sentiment - "chase the moon. ride the stars" - I just love that! And it was perfect for my card!


Isn't that just a gorgeous stamp! I think it would look lovely with an ink smooshed background too! You can check out the Uniquely Unity membership over at Unity Stamp Co. I'll be back next Monday with a card using the awesome new July 2022 Whit Kit!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing, thank you for sharing, Sherry Rollins LMC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.