Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Falling for the Holidays 2021 {BYSHC} Hop ~ Have a Cup of Cheer ~ Not 2 Shabby

 Hello there crafty friend!

I can't believe that we are more than halfway through the Falling for the Holidays 2021 {BSYHC} Hop already!! Today I'm sharing a fun card using the sweet freebie digi from hop Sponsor Not 2 Shabby!! I couldn't wait to print this beautiful digi stamp and do some coloring! I also thought it would be fun to do a bit of paper piecing!


First of all, if you haven't already... be sure to check out the Not 2 Shabby freebie digi stamp!! You can find it here ---> Have a Cup of Cheer digi!! It's amazing! So fun to color and it looks so yummy! I printed it off on white card stock and colored it up! And then I printed it again on copy paper so I'd have an idea of where to tape my pattern paper. I used some washi tape to secure a piece of Pine St. Square paper from The Paper Studio over the coffee cup sleeve. I used a slightly larger piece of pattern paper in case the printer shifted when it print... and of course it did!


I fussy cut the coffee cup sleeve and set it aside. I colored up the cup with the following Copic markers:

Cup ~ R00, R14
Cocoa ~ E23, E27
Whipped Cream ~ C00, C2, R00, R14
Sleeve ~ W00, W2, W4


I wanted to add a bit of texture to the digi layer but since I'd already trimmed the image I decided to die cut a piece of white card stock and then adhere the digi layer to that die cut card stock. I adhered a piece of the pattern paper to a white card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I then die cut the layers with the Slash Stitched Rectangle die from hop Sponsor Gina Marie Designs. Can you see a bit of the die cut stitches on both the bottom white layer and the pattern paper?


I adhered the bottom layer to a white A2 top fold card base and then I adhered the focal piece. I love how this card turned out!! It was pretty quick and oh, so fun to make!


I hope you'll go check out the Falling for the Holidays linky party hop if you haven't already. I'm enjoying all the fabulous inspiration being shared. Even if you're not able to play along, I hope that you've been inspired to build your stash of Holiday cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.}

4 comments:

  1. Super cute card Crystal! I also used this image for my card today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the paper piecing on this design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on your card. Great coloring! I actually got this freebie today. Wanted to color it up tonight, but to busy with a birthday card. Hopefully within the next few days. Stay safe!
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.