Thursday, October 21, 2021

Not a Card ~ All Things Halloween Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!

Today I'm sharing not one... but TWO fun Halloween creations for the All Things Halloween Challenge going on this month in the Unity Show & Tell group! I decided to make a Halloween tag for a treat bag and I just couldn't help making a fun Halloween Memory Dex card too!


I started by blending Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Black Soot Distress Oxide inks on a piece of white card stock. I die cut the piece with a stitched tag die from my stash and stamped only the one side of the fun haunted house from the Haunted House Halloween stamp. I stamped the Spooky sentiment from the Kooky Spooky & Batty stamp in the background with Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink. I wanted it to blend into the background and not be the main sentiment.


Now I mentioned above that I blended with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and unfortunately, when I tried stamping the Happy Halloween stamp on the bottom part of the tag the embossing powder got messed up. So... I grabbed a scrap of black card stock and redid the sentiment... stamping it with Wow Clear Embossing ink and I melted the Golden Gourd embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I die cut it with the same stitched tag die so it'll fit in the bottom of the tag and I tore the top to give some texture to the tag. To finish it up and tie the whole project together I stamped the sweet little pumpkin from the Little Boos stamp kit and colored it up with the following Copic markers:

Pumpkin ~ YR15, YR21, YR68
Stem / Leaf ~ E23, E27, G24, G46

I fussy cut the pumpkin and cleaned up the edges by running my Memento Tuxedo black marker along the edges and then just adhered the pumpkin to the tag. I used some {Black} May Arts Burlap String to tie the tag to the treat bag.


I had so much fun making the tag that I decided to make a Memory Dex card with the same colors and basically the same technique. I stamped the haunted house with Gina K. Black Amalgam ink... I love how some of the oxide inks bleeds through adding texture to the house. I stamped the same Spooky sentiment with Caved Pumpkin Distress Oxide ink. And then I stamped the cute bat from the same Kooky Spooky & Bat Itty Bitty stamps. I fussy cut it and then clean up the edges with my Memento Tuxedo marker. I popped it up on the Memory Dex card with tiny pieces of foam tape.

To finish up my Memory Dex card, I stamped the happy Halloween sentiment from the Little Boos stamp kit and trimmed it into a flag. I then added a bit of Black Soot Distress Oxide inks around the edges with a Tim Holtz Distress Blending Brush and stapled it to the memory dex card.

Thanks SO much for stopping by today! I sure hope you've been inspired by my Halloween makes... if you'd like to see a few more pictures of my tag and Memory Dex card head over to the Unity blog! I'd love to see what amazing and fun Halloween creations you've been making with your Unity stamps. Join in the fun over at the Unity Show & Tell group! I'll see you all back here next Thursday with one more Halloween card for the All Things Halloween Challenge!



Inky Hugs,
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.