Sunday, October 24, 2021

Falling for the Holidays 2021 {BYSHC} Hop ~ Cuddly Winter Penguins with Forest Builder Scene

 Hello there crafty friend!
I'm back for Day 3 of the Falling for the Holidays 2021 {BYSHC} Hop!! Today, I'm sharing a card that I actually started for the Christmas in July hop but I didn't quite get it done in time. I used an adorable digi stamp from KaDoodle Bug Designs called Cuddly Winter Penguins and paired it up with some cute dies from hop Sponsor Newton's Nook Designs called Forest Scene Builder dies.


I started by layering my papers from the Winter Market paper pad by Carta Bella Paper Co. It's not the easiest to see but the bottom layer has four different papers from the paper pad. The trees on top and a solid green on bottom. There's also a striped paper in the middle and all three of those papers are on a dark blue paper. The focal piece was built with the same dark blue paper for the base. The snowflake paper makes for a soft background for the penguins. I die cut a stitched hill from white card stock for my snow. I die cut trees from Garden Green and Wild Wasabi card stock. And then the critters were also die cut from Real Red, True Black and Chocolate Chip card stock. I adhered all the die cuts to create my scene and then popped up the penguins on top of the scene.


I colored up the cute penguins with the following Copic markers:

Penguins ~ N1, N3, N5, N7, C00, C2, YR15, YR21, YR68, R000, R20
Hats ~ R000, R14, R27, C00, C2
Scarves ~ C00, C2, B00, B02, G000, G07, G14
Ground ~ N1, N3


I popped up the focal piece and sentiment with foam tape and added a couple enamel dots to finish it off. I just love this sweet scene card!


Be sure to check out the Falling for the Holidays 2021 {BYSHC} Hop over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog... let's build our stash of holiday cards this week!!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I plan on making a scene card (so not my forte') this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card! The little penguins are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!! I LOVE penguins!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super darling card. Love the penguins and the patterns. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.