Thursday, December 15, 2022

Shake Your Flakes ~ December Challenge ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing more inspiration for the December challenge over in the Unity Show & Tell group. It's All About Backgrounds this month!! I got inky with the fabulous Shake Your Flakes {December 2022 Sentiment Kit}.


The background was created by first stamping the cluster of snowflakes all over the white card front measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I inked it up with white pigment ink. I then added some white embossing powder to the card front and melted it with a heat tool. 


I blended Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide inks over the background. When I blend oxides I like to go over the blends a few times until I'm happy with the colors.


Next I stamped the background with the awesome Criss Cross Grunge December 2022 Background of the Month stamp. I wiped off the embossed flakes with a microfiber cloth and the lines of the background stamp moved to the back of the card like magic! Love the magic of heat embossing! I finished off the background with some water splatter and some white acrylic paint splatters. I wanted to break up the background a bit so I cut it on a diagonal and adhered the background to a white A2 top fold card base.

You can check out my process video here... Shake Your Flakes | December Callenge | Unity Stamp Co.




I stamped the sweet sentiment with Wilted Violet oxide ink. Next, I die cut it with the smalled stitched circle die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. I also die cut a stitched scalloped circle from white card stock and adhered the layers before popping it up on the card. To finish off the card, I added some pretty rhinestones to some of the snowflakes centers.


I've used a few background stamps the last few weeks for this challenge but you can create a background without using background stamps!! Repetitive stamping, like I did with the snowflakes cluster, is a great way to use your stamps for a wonderful background. The possibilities are seriously endless!! I hope you get a chance to play along. I'd love to see what you create. Be sure to share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and also add them to the December challenge album in the group to be entered for a prize!! See you back here next Thursday for more inspiration for the All About Backgrounds challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.