Thursday, December 29, 2022

Ink Swipe Technique with Oxides ~ December Challenge ~ Kindness Is Like Snow ~ Unity Stamp Co.

 Hello there crafty friend!
Today I'm sharing more inspiration for the December challenge over in the Unity Show & Tell group. It's All About Backgrounds this month!! I got inky with the beautiful Kindness Is Like Snow stamps. I adore this fox!


The background was created by swiping oxide inks directly onto a piece of distress watercolor paper measuring 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I inked it up with Villainous Potion, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, Tumbled Glass and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide inks. I then blended the inks with some water and a paint brush.


A bit of water splatters and white acrylic paint splatters to add more snow in the background. I then dried the background completely with a heat tool. Applied some anti static powder and stamped the snowflakes from the Kindness Is Like Snow stamps with white pigment ink. And then I added some white embossing powder over the snowflakes and heat embossed them with my heat tool.


Next I stamped the beautiful fox from the Kindness Is Like Snow stamps. I colored him up with the following Copic markers:

Fox ~ E95, E97, E09, W00, W1
Scarf ~ B000, B91, B95, B97, B99, V12, V17

You can check out my Copic coloring video here... Fox Copic Coloring | Kindness Is Like Snow | Unity Stamp Co. {My process video is further down in the blog post}




I continued the sentiment inside the card by masking the top portion with a post-it note.



What do you think of the ink swiping technique with the oxide inks?! I am in love!! I have a feeling I'll be playing with this technique often! The All About Backgrounds challenge is coming to an end. I can't believe how fast December has flown by. I hope you can find some time to play along and be sure to enter your card into the album before the challenge ends on December 31st. I'd love to see what you create so please share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and tag me too!! I have had a blast sharing inspiration for the last three months. I hope you all have also enjoyed the inspiration. Echo will be starting up a new challenge next Thursday... how exciting! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us all!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.