Thursday, December 1, 2022

Advent Calendar Day 1 ~ December Challenge All About Backgrounds ~ Unity Stamp Co.

Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new challenge for December over in the Unity Show & Tell group... it's All About Backgrounds this month!! I'm also sharing inspiration for Day 1 of the 2022 Advent Calendar!! I just love Unity's Advent Calendar! It gets more amazing each year.


The sweet and delicate ornament stamp is the first Advent Calendar stamp. I colored it very simply with just a few Copic Markers: C00, C2, R14 and G24. And then I die cut it with the smallest circle die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies}. Next I mat it with a red circle die cut from the next largest circle die from the set.


This month's challenge is all about the backgrounds though! I started this background with an ink smooshed card front that I had actually made last week during the video for my Mixed Media Background card. Ink smooshed with Twisted Citron and Evergreen Bough Distress Oxide inks. I stamped the beautiful Holly Days Background with Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles Distress Oxide inks.


What makes this background even more fun is the texture. After I stamped it with the Holly Days Background stamp I placed it in a woodgrain embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot. I then lightly rubbed the Mowed Lawn oxide ink over the embossed background. It gives the background a bit of dimension. I think you can see some of the texture in this photo. I finished off the card with a few white rhinestones and a sweet sentiment from the Christmas Wishin' stamps.

You can check out my video revealing the Advent Calendar Day 1 stamp and my process in making this card here... Advent Calendar Day 1 | December Challenge | All About Backgrounds | Unity Stamp Co. 



I am so excited about this month's challenge! To play along just make a fun background using inks, stamps, paints, embossing folders... really the list could go on and on. I can't wait to see what you create! Be sure to share your cards in the Unity Show & Tell group and also add them to the November challenge album in the group to be entered for a prize!! See you back here next Thursday for more inspiration for the All About Backgrounds challenge! Tomorrow Echo Noble will be sharing inspiration for Day 2 of the Unity 2022 Advent Calendar on her YouTube channel. You can check out her channel here... Stamp N Ground. And Sandhya Iyer will be sharing inspiration for Day 3 on her YouTube channel here... Sanju's Creations. And then I will be back here on Sunday for Day 4 of the Advent Calendar.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.
 
Inky Hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is on. Your lovely comment will appear once approved.}

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.