Thursday, December 1, 2022

{BYSHC} Sketch Challenge 29 ~ Winter Magic ~ Not 2 Shabby

 Hello there crafty friend!
It's time for a new sketch challenge over at Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers and I have a lovely Christmas card to share using a sweet ephemera pack that I received in a Box of the Month order from Not 2 Shabby, along with the beautiful Winter Magic paper pad also from Not 2 Shabby! The beautiful images in this ephemera with the touches of glitter... just gorgeous {sadly they are no longer available}. The papers also have the pretty glitter too! I just love it and there are still some in stock!! The December Box of the Month releases today and I hear it's filled with adorable critter stamps!


This sketch has been a fun challenge for me and for the {BYSHC} Design Team... getting the papers to cut just so isn't as hard as one may think. I have two tips to share: first, a nice double sided paper is perfect for this sketch! That's what I used and once my papers were cut I just flipped two of the papers and bam...  a nice contrast with two papers. My second tip is to cut the paper to 3-3/4 x 5" and I have found that if you lightly draw a diagonal line from corner to corner before making your first cut you can use the lines to finish your cuts and have perfect triangles.


I used two pretty pattern papers for this card. The card front is a pretty pinkish coral that's all glittery and beautiful! And then the paper with the presents has the pretty snowflakes and mice on the other side. I love the contrast the papers give to each other with the dark and light backgrounds. The white mat also helps the lighter colors in the papers to pop.


I die cut a piece of Vellum card stock from Papertrey Ink with the largest scallop stitched die from the Scallops & Circles {nesting dies} from Unity. I used that to layer my ephemera pieces on. I chose the beautiful tree and the sweet mouse. I adhered them together and then popped them up on the card. To finish off the card, I added a few rhinestones to three of the flowers. I chose not to add a sentiment but I think I'll use one of the Tim Holtz metallic sticker sentiments once I decide who I'll be sending this card to. Such a pretty card!


Here's a look at {BYSHC} Sketch 29 for the month of December!
I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch! If you're interested in seeing a bit more inspiration for this sketch, check out the amazing inspiration from the design team over on the {BYSH} Cardmakers blog!


Thanks so much for stopping by!
See ya next time.

Inky hugs,
Crystal


{Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your lovely comment will appear shortly.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Please note that comment moderation is ON. Your comment will appear shortly.